Holiday Inns aren’t a chain Australian’s have much exposure to. To be honest, we didn’t expect much in Cardiff, especially considering the rate we paid. Gee were we surprised.
We stayed at the hotel over the weekend of Cardiff Mardi Gras. The location for attendance at that event could not have been better – literally straight across the road. But it was a great location for exploring Cardiff regardless. If you attending football or rugby at Millennium Stadium or Cardiff Arms Park they are right behind the hotel.
Nice staff on reception, easy check in as all of my details are registered with ICH as a Priority Rewards member. Car parking is available out behind the hotel in an open air carpark. Price appeared to be 10 GBP/day. More about that later.
Opened the door to room 403 and both of us went WOW! The room was huge, maybe they are big at all Holiday Inns? Maybe we were upgraded? If we were we weren't told. Then we saw the view. Straight across at Bute Park (with Coopers Fields through the trees) and even up to Cardiff Castle and along the walls. Terrific.
We left the Mardi Gras, very much worse for wear when it finished, so we can’t comment if much noise came into the hotel, but we experienced no road or any other noise issues in the room.
We didn’t book a bed and breakfast rate as we didn’t know if we’d make it on morning one. We can now see there would have been no point bothering as a full breakfast buffet was only GBP7.50 each. Fantastic value for a great spread. Then there’s the really friendly Welsh staff in the restaurant. It’s a nice bright airy room as well.
We tried a couple of the bars, again nice spaces with friendly staff.
Purchased the ‘all-in-one’ internet and movie package on the second day. Great value as we were in a movie mood the second night. After watching two first release movies the internet was free!
To ice the cake, when we checked out we paid at reception for parking (the ticket machine wasn't working) and it was only GBP10 for all weekend – Friday afternoon to Monday morning!!
Can’t recommend the Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Cardiff is situated between the Millennium Stadium and Cardiff Castle, perfectly located for the business or leisure traveller. The hotel is easy to reach from the M4 and offers parking for up to 85 cars on site. Charges will apply. Cardiff Central Station is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Cardiff ,Cardiff Airport is a 30 minute drive. With the City Centre only minutes away, you can enjoy the Edwardian Arcades for shopping or visit the Cardiff Bay. The city offers many vibrant new restaurants and bars. The Holiday Inn is ideally located if you are visiting the Cardiff International Arena, New Theatre, or the St Davids Hall. The 157 bedrooms are all fully air conditioned and offer high speed internet access and are equipped with all the required facilities. Family rooms are available and we offer 4 accessible rooms, one with ceiling hoist track. The Hotel Bar offers a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and serves refreshments and light snacks. The Restaurant serves a full a La Carte menu and Kids eat free. Callaghan's Bar, Relax in our Pub and watch live sports action on our large TV's. The Academy Conference offers 11 purpose build conference rooms. The largest conference room can accommodate 150 delegates in theatre style. All rooms have got natural daylight and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Wales