We always aim to stay here every time we visit my family in Cardiff, but this time the stay was really poor. We'd already had a bad day; visiting Cardiff to see my poorly mum, plus we broke down on the motorway! argh! Every room we have ever been given has been spot on. Very clean, cosy and well furnished out... Nothing bad to say about the actual room. The lady on reception was chatty and booked us in quickly. We were placed in the side building rooms (over looking the bar roof, really noisy systems!). Around midnight, we were woken by loud pitter-patting of water. It was raining really heavily, causing water to run directly onto the outside plastic frame of the window. It was surprisingly very loud! We managed to get to sleep - then at 3:15am, the fire alarm went! (VERY annoying, due to the fact this happened the last time we stayed here in Dec!) we were evacuated to the car park, freezing cold. Around half an hour later, we were allowed back - like last time, no reason for the evacuation. A member of staff then told everyone the "fire alarms were faulty" and if we spot a fire "to dial 999". Got back to our room, nearly 4:00am. We were then unable to get back to sleep due to very rowdy kids in near rooms laughing/slamming about. It didn't help that our room was right next to the floor entrance. Slam! Slam! Slam! - we didn't bother ringing or going back down to reception, being that they had just evacuated a whole busy hotel, they probably had enough to deal with! - we just wanted some sleep :( We left to go see mum at 10am. We were hoping to speak to the reception on the way out, but they were very busy (could hear people very unhappy). Didn't want to keep mum waiting for her appointment, so we left. Have sent them an email as, to be honest, feel a bit gutted that we had paid nearly £70 for the room. I really like Premier, always have - but didn't have a good night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the gateway to Cardiff, the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff North opens up the whole city for you - from prime business locations to top entertainment and sports venues. On a key bus route, you'll be able to zip off for a great day's shopping and sightseeing. Then take your pick from hundreds of top-notch bars and restaurants. Or get in on the live action at the Motorpoint Arena or Millennium Stadium. Whatever you're up to out and about, our on-site restaurant and comfy rooms will be right here waiting. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms, which can hold up to 150 delegates. View real time availability and book a meeting room through our website. Directions: Westbound - Exit M4(J29) onto the A48(M). Exit junction signposted Pentwyn and take 3rd exit at roundabout. Hotel is 200 yards on right hand side. Eastbound - Leave M4(J30) take 3rd exit North Pentwyn link road (A4232). Take the A48(M) towards Cardiff and exit at the junction signposted Pentwyn. Take 3rd exit at roundabout. Hotel is about 200 yards on right hand side. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena Events 6 miles Millennium Stadium Events 6 miles Sports Village 8 miles Cardiff Central Train Station 6 miles Cardiff Airport 16 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Premier Inn, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel Wales