Ibis Cardiff Gate
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Beeches Hotel(Cardiff)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewstoby carverybusiness parkmotorway servicesmotorway service areawh smithbudget hoteltoby innmin drivecity centrepark and ridefree parkingthe ground floorcomfortable bedgood sizethe hotel is cleanpleasant stayhotel is great
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here over Easter weekend on one of their special deals, so paid £28 for double room. At that price it is very good - plenty of free parking on site, rooms a good size, bed comfortable, room clean and includes tea/coffee/kettle.

Minor downsides - average TV reception, not enough pillows provided although this was immediately rectified on asking at reception.

Excellent value hotel and very convenient for P+R into Cardiff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Traveller Bracknellcrew,
    I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Cardiff Gate. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
    I look forward to welcoming you back.
    Best Wishes.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here over the Easter weekend and it's a perfectly good budget hotel. It was clean, tidy and the staff were happy to help - we wanted more pillows and milk and it wasn't a problem for them. Everything seemed pretty well presented (I think the place probably needs a refurb within the next couple of years). Location was fine - by the motorway exit, noise wasn't a problem either. On the whole, I'd say if you get a deal at about £20 - £30 per night, then its fine. Any more than that, I'd probably pass. Parking was fine, it had its own little fenced of parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike B,
    I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Cardiff Gate. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with my team.
    I look forward to welcoming you back. Best Wishes.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here on the 22 of March. The rooms were clean, comfortable and warm.Staff were very friendly. Very convenient for park and ride which takes the worry out of parking costs in Cardiff .Good budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
    Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Meryl E,
    Thank you for taking a time to post a review about your stay at Ibis Hotel Cardiff Gate. I am glad you enjoyed the stay with as and I will share your comments with my reception team. I look forward to welcoming you back. Best Wishes
    Daniel (General Manager)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

With the price of the room we got we were a bit worried about the standards we would get to but were very happy when we arrived. The reception was helpful and friendly and the room was in good condition and was put in a quiet part of the hotel. It was also an easy location to get to and was even more convenient to get to Cardiff the next morning.

Only one little moan the pillows were uncomfortable

Overall very happy will stay there again !!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Traveller Jonkidd41,
    Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Cardiff Gate. I will share your comments with my reception team and I look forward to welcoming you back. Best Wishes
    Daniel (General Manager)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights here the weekend of the Wales v England match. Check in was swift.

On getting to the room it was a bit cold,but the heating soon kicked in. The actual room was clean and no issues there. We did ask for more tea as we are tea fiends - the staff were only too happy to help. This was the theme for the staff who were all very efficient and helpful during our stay.

It is a 15-20 minute cab ride out of the city, but for the price we paid during a peak weekend we really couldn't complain. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a Toby Carvery a 5 minute walk from the hotel which does decent breakfasts for £3.99 and evening meals for £5.99. Cabs to the city centre are about £16 each way.
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
    Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Erinmelia0811,
    Thanks for your nice comments regarding your stay at Ibis Cardiff Gate. I am glad you found our staff to be so helpfull. I will share your comments with our team and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Best Wishes