Ibis Cardiff
$101
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Free cancellation until 06/03
Book now, pay at stay
$100
$89
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$124
$120
Hotels.com
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$75
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$74
$70
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$98
$48
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$156
$239
Orbitz.com
1,280 results
All reviewsmotorpoint arenacity centreroom was cleanrailway linecar parkthe motor point arenaexcellent locationgreat showershort stayqueen streetfew minutes walkexcellent value for moneygood nights sleepdecent sizewould stay againtea and coffeestayed for one night
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location; we went to a show at the Motorpoint arena, and you couldn't stay closer, only a 1 minute walk!

Staff were kind and helpful.

Only let down was that there was poo stains and flakes in the toilet-these went after 2 flushes, so should have been done by the cleaner, and hairs all around the bathroom floor made me wonder how well it had been cleaned at all.

The rest of the room was clean though, and like I said, it's a great location. Good value too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear 'AmeliaB', I am glad that you enjoyed your stay but was sorry to hear that the clanliness was not up to standard. Please note that we do have 24 hour reception on duty thas is here to assist you with any issues you may have. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here in mid September, the room was clean and tiday and the staff polite BUT BE WARNED - Right behind the hotel is major building works, on Sunday morning JCB's, diggers and Lorries were working from 6am! Ruined a great weekend! Although the work isnt taking place at the hotel, they didnt pre-warn us about the work and on complaining to the manager on my return, the hotels managers emails basically said - its not our building work, not our fault - i'm sorry, it is effecting your guests and you have a duty of care which you failed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 'TwiggyP', Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and tidy and staff to be polite. I am sorry that your stay was spoilt by the outside noise. We have reported this to Cardiff Council but yet to receive any reply. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I debated whether it was worth bothering to write this review because as with many of Ibis' customers I suspect we all expect nothing too much from their hotels but here goes.
I've stayed here several times because the location is excellent, you are a short walk from the motorpoint arena and john lewis and the bus station and train station are very close also. I've never eaten here so I can't comment on that. The reception staff are nice enough though.
I felt it worth saying this time that the hotel is really showing its age now. My room had seen a lot of abuse and there were scuffs and little bits of damage throughout, it was clean yes and I dont expect miracles for £49 a night but i think some effort is now going to be needed to just pull the hotels standards up a bit. The public areas are a little worn and there were plates of uncollected half finished food in the corridors that stayed there for hours. I am distinctly underwhelmed with the new beds and mattresses. I am not saying don't stay there, I am just saying the Premier inn 200 yards away is looking a lot more tempting for about £20 a night more as the years go by. There's only so long you can excuse things by saying "ah but its cheap!".

Room Tip: Not the ground floor and ideally at the front of the hotel not by the train tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear 'matthow'. Thank you very much for writing this review. I am happy that you found our staff nice enough but was sorry you felt our hotel is 'tired'. I will pass your comments to my superiors and we hope to see you in the future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed October 8, 2013

stayed here with my 19 year old daughter paid £156 for 2 rooms for 2 nights far cheaper than the Premier inn near by,found the room very clean & comfortable,the corridors were a bit shabby but then you dont sleep in the corridors,the staff were very friendly & bar prices were good value for city center hotel,it was just a 5 min walk to St David center where my daughter was going to for a concert & the city center for restaurants & pubs

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear 'mackemrick'. Many thanks for taking your time and leaving your feedback on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments to my Team. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night and it was just average, and I can't help feel that for the same price the neighbouring premier inn would be much better. Our room was non smoking but as soon as you walked in it stank of smoke. The corridors are shabby and there were plates of food on the floor which had not yet been cleaned up. The room was basic but clean, the TV was small and only had a few channels. Neither of us could get the wifi to work at all. Location is good for getting into town or taking the train to the bay. I know you get what you pay for but it was a bit of a let down, and could do with a great deal of modernising.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comments. I will pass them on to the relevant departments. Please note that we do have 24 hour reception on duty that will be more than happy to assist you should you experience any issues. Kind Regards, Jacek