“Cheapish very convenient to city centre”
Review of Ibis Cardiff

Ibis Cardiff
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Really convenient to city centre and millennium stadium. Room ok . Bedroom clean and bed very comfortable but a bit like a ship's cabin and shower was a bit smelly .
Good choice for breakfast and staff friendly

• Stayed: February 2013
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear 'Julie1081', many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly, clean bedroom and that you liked our NEW IBIS SWEET BED. Kind Regards, Jacek

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

very comfortable bed and warm cosy room very good breakfast and good service all round staff were helpful and friendly hotel in good central situation close to town centre but out of the bussle.stayed here before and booked two more stays already i think that proves my point

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear 'margaretmary59', many thank for taking the time and leaving your thoughts on here. I am glad that you liked our NEW IBIS SWEET BED and found our Team to be helpful. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here on business trip and found this very convenient for travel. Cardiff queen street is 5 mins walk and Cardiff central 15 mins. Good places to eat around hotel. I tried Thai joint nearby turned out alright. Mall across the place has lots of options available.

Although its bit of walk to castle ,I kind of like it. If you carrying heavy luggage, do consider going with cab from central.

Room was ok for business traveller with nice beds. Properly enclosed so good nights sleep is guaranteed. I got very cheap deal while booking online and must say was happy to get what's paid for.

Staff was friendly ,well mannered.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear 'chakra_uk', many thanks for leaving your thoughts one here. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Cardiff Centre and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We picked up a fabulous deal for this hotel which made it even better. Nine family members stayed as it was the 21st Birthday of our grandaughter who is at uni in Cardiff. We were going out for a meal in the evening and wanted somewhere central to stay. This was perfect for all age groups,good breakfast, clean, comfortable rooms and helpful, pleasant staff plus an excellent check out time of 12 noon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear 'maz046', thank you for taking the time and posting your feedback on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Cardiff Centre hotel. I am happy that you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant, rooms clean and good breakfast. We hope to see you in the near future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Location: Edge of town centre and very easy walk into the main shopping area. A little further to the castle but still easy to walk. Took me about 12 minutes from Central Station and Queen Street Station is literally round the corner. You can get the train to The Bay from there or walk to The Bay in half an hour.

Room: Clean, slightly with a decent TV, a simple but elegant bathroom and a shower that did the job. If I'd have been staying for longer the wardrobe, if you could call it that, could have been a bit bigger, but that's a minor point. I could rave on all day about the bed though, can't remember sleeping in one that was so comfortable. And the room always seemed to be at the right temperature without me having to mess around with aircon or opening windows.

Staff: Extremely friendly. Most of the staff seemed to be from foreign shores and if that kind of thing sometimes puts you off (doesn't me) then don't let it. They were some of the most helpful folk around. I forgot my room number once, which is rare, and they simply gave me another key. Once the key didn't work so they gave me a new one. I overheard one member of staff having a long conversation with another guest helping them with questions about the city. Top marks.

It is fair to say that I would not take anyone here to impress them, neither was it particularly 'impressive' hotel. However for the price I paid it was very, very nice. For a three night break on my own it did exactly what was needed.

Room Tip: If you like views don't go on the ground floor, try higher up. Avoid the front of the hotel if y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear 'cls14', Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Ibis Cardif Centre Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in Cardiff. Kind regards, Jacek

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Because I live in England and study in Cardiff, I made it a habit of coming in the night before exmas to avoid the stress of the unreliable railway timetables!

For that purpose Ibis had more than what I asked for! For 36£ I was in my comfort zone as soon as that door openned..

Friendly staff, easy check in, well aside from that form filling- for security reasons I was told.

The room is quite nice and neat..

The best part is the location.. Its in the midst of Cardiff Centre!

Although I was there for a brief time, but I can see myself coming back to Ibis!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear 'Mokhlid', thanks for posting your feedback on here. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your exams went well too! Thank you for your kind words - my Team really appreciate it. We too hope to see you soon again at the Ibis Cardiff Centre hotel. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellently located city centre hotel within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, the Millenium Stadium and directly opposite the Motorpoint Arena.

Clean and functional rooms with all anyone could need for an overnight stop. I paid £29.00 for the room and £6.50 pp for a buffet breakfast including cooked items. Clearly room prices will vary according to what events are on in the vicinity but at the price I paid I don't believe you could get better value.

No on site parking but there is a drop off point out front and an NCP car park approximately 200m away and costing a very reasonable £5.00 for 24 hours.

Only gripe is that WiFi is charged for at an excessive rate when it should be free as it would be with a US budget hotel chain.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear 'kingedgy',Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Ibis Cardiff Centre Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back, Kind Regards, Jacek