“Very easy”

Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very easy”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We always use an ibis in most cities as we know how clean and friendly the staff are. The rooms are always clean and for the price we pay, you can't go wrong. There is an NCP walking distance and for £5 for 24hrs it's great value. However, there seems to be an issue with the drains in this hotel and the staff know about it. Our room on the first floor really smelt when we first go in there but we thought it might go away after our evening out. No such luck we came back at 10pm and the room stank. So we called reception and told them and within and instant we got out room changed to the lower floor. Unfortunately once we flushed the toilet it started to to smell again. Bit disappointed but for £30 a night it was so cheap that we shut the bathroom door and chose to ignore it. Bit of a shame. I think it just Cardiff that has the problem as we have never had an issue with other Ibis hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear 'Neetski1', thank you for leaving your thoughts on here. I am happy that you found our hotel to be good value for money. I was sorry to learn about the smell from the drains. I will check this with my maintenance team. Many thanks for this information. Kind Regards, Jacek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellant receptionist ( Spanish I think ). Room was clean and functional at a good price but as next to the train line with trains thundering past all night it was very impossible to sleep. However, when I complained next morning I was advised that if I book again to ask for a room at the front ( should have told me that before ! ).

Room Tip: Book a room away from the train lines.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear 'Sharon d', many thanks for taking the time and writing this review. I am happy that you fount our receptionist to be excellent and rooms to be functional. I am sorry to hear that there was noise from the railway all night. I will double check that as they normally do not run at night - at least never have been until this review. Many thanks for this information. Kind Regards, Jacek
southampton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stopped here for 2 nights to enjoy a pre-Christmas shopping trip to Cardiff.
Welcomed by a very friendly girl on reception who also explained where to park our car. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the main shopping area and there are plenty of eating/drinking places within walking distance.
We did not encounter any problems with noise and found the bed to be very comfortable. Very limited choice of tv channels but we didn't come here to watch tv. The only problem was in the bathroom where the soap dispenser in the shower was empty. Surely this should be checked daily. This was rectified immediately after we reported to reception.
We had breakfast at the hotel and thought that there was an excellent choice. Of the cooked choice I thought the scrambled egg and bacon had been left out to long, in particular the bacon tasted and looked like it was stewed.
Overall I would definitely stay at an Ibis again based on the value for money alone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timat22
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear 'Timat22', thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback on here. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Cardiff Centre hotel and hope that the Christmas shopping went well too. I was happy that you found our Team to be helpful but was sorry to learn that the shower gel was empty on your arrival. Thanks for this comment, I will pass it on to the houskeeping department. Kind Regards, Jacek