“A delightful experience”

Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I loved the cellar, the huge hoc, the potted pig and toast and especially the belly pork. Staff were great. Everything was perfect for my birthday meal with my husband. You need to book in advance as the restaurant was full - on a Wednesday night. Good value for money as we left very full up.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ladies that lunch took advantage of the lunch time special offer. Excellent service, delicious food, Lovely relaxed atmosphere. Superb value for money!! Will definately return 2 sample the evening menu!

2  Thank BacardiGirl78
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Best food I have had in Cardiff City Centre, served by helpful, accommodating staff in a warm, mellow atmosphere. I was able to have an adpated version of a main course as a starter. My 'real' main course (chicken) was delectable. The several friends and colleagues who recommened this gem were not wrong - I will be going again soon.

1  Thank snickersnack14
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It's taken a while to write this review, but i felt compelled as I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the restaurant. The food was very good, I had the ribs to start and the belly pork for main. I have to agree with many of the other reviewers, it's the best belly pork I have ever had.

The only small criticism is the quality of the Sancerre. I've tasted a fair few and they don't come cheap, so I was really disappointed when I didn't enjoy the bottle. I will be going back for certain, but I will be sure to choose a different wine at this establishment.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was an experience I won't be repeating. It was like eating at a conveyor belt. £12 for 2 courses which is good value and I have to say the belly pork wasn't bad with good crackling however I find having yorkshire pudding with pork rather strange - I thought it was traditionally only served with beef. The veg served were lovely and not overcooked. However, the roast beef was on the menu "served rare" - when it arrived it was very medium. We sent it back and it returned rare but sadly that shouldn't be the case. If it states rare on menu then rare it should be unless you ask otherwise. We didn't have starters as they were rather boring so opted for puddings - choc mousse which was rather sickly and Eton mess - you can't really go wrong. I will return but for an a la carte menu as Sunday lunch is an unfair review but wouldn't go back for what I can cook better myself at home.