“Very informative”
Review of The Cardiff Story

The Cardiff Story
Ranked #26 of 163 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: In our fun, free and interactive galleries, discover how Cardiff was transformed from the small market town of the 1300s, to one of the world's biggest ports in the 1900s, to the cool, cosmopolitan capital we know today. The museum, in the beautiful and historic Old Library building, is rich in stories, objects, photographs and film telling the history of Cardiff through the eyes of those who created the city – its people.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was a very informative exhibit and I am so glad I came across it. it has many interactive features, probably aimed at children, but I enjoyed them as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stumbled upon this by accident. It was a free exhibition it was very modern and interactive. I had just been saying earlier I didn't know much about the history of Cardiff and

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Over the years I've visited Cardiff I've never thought much about its beginnings and this exhibit showed me how much I'd missed. It's an interactive, clear language presentation that reminds you just how ancient this port city really is...it is accessible and a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the shops around it. Make sure you see the market nearby when you''re here too - a little gentrified but interesting too.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stumbled on this excellent museum on a rainy afternoon. The exhibits were well presented and the "City Lab" downstairs has things to do for children of all ages from 2 years upwards. Our grandson adored the play kitchen and house. The play materials and dressing up clothes for small children change every few months. There are books too. For older children there are very informative interactive exhibits. It has all been thought through carefully and presented very well. We did not get to see everything upstairs as he was so captivated downstairs but there are films and stories to accompany the exhibits about Cardiff's history. The baby changing and toilet facilities were excellent and the staff were exceptionally helpful. This is not a large museum and without a toddler, one to two hours in certainly enough.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the one you must see if you want to know the history of Cardiff and the people it show how they work how they live and you can join by touch bottons and much much more.