“Great buffet restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went there with my wife and friends the other night whilst staying at the nearby Travelodge and was impressed. The fixed cost of the buffet (£12.95) in the evening was reasonable but the quality and range of food was excellent.

The place is quite big with a nice atmosphere, the background music is modern western music and the decor is quite unfussy with bare floorboards. It is within the Red Dragon Centre so there is no view out of the windows other than the bowling alley entrance opposite! The staff were efficient and unobtrusive - used plates were cleared immediately and the buffet food was kept topped up. My wife was very impressed that the desserts included a running chocolate fountain - a first for any Chinese buffet place we have been! Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Oriental Garden

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Compared to the larger 'all you can eat' places there is not as much choice in oriental buffet but what they lack in choice they more than make up for it in well cooked food. The starters were limited but I would've more than happy to stick to the chicken satay. The Tom yum beef was very good according to my companion, the staff were friendly and it seemed clean and hygienic which is more than I can say for some (red hot buffet I'm looking at you!)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a great buffet they have in this restaurant.
A good variety of starters, mains and desserts. All food was very tasty.
The buffet area is continually replenished as the food is taken.
Many guests dining at the same time.
A good atmosphere within the restaurant.
The buffet is highly recommended.
Enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Jon D
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just got back from Cardiff, we couldn't resist but stop here before going home as the food smelt great when we were walking past!

It was a lot better than we expected as our local Chinese buffet restaurant is 'Angel Chef' in Worcester and that really is terrible (always leave feeling ill).

I enjoyed the food, the atmosphere was fine however I was too full to try dessert - they had eclairs, cakes, ice cream, a chocolate fountain and more!).

It came to just over £40 for the 3 of us.

I don't know if i'll ever go again but I think that's mainly because Cardiff has a large variety of restaurants and i'd love to try out a different one next time instead of going to the same place.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stopped here after a long afternoon walk around Cardiff Bay. Wasn't sure about how fresh the food would be on a buffet and had never eaten here. The host met me at the door and encouraged me to have a walk round the buffet if I wasn't sure which both myself and my wife did. The buffet looked good and fresh so we stayed.
It was 13.95 for eat as much as you want and the quality of food was good and it was well presented. Food was fresh too and was replenished often. There was lots of choice which was a real plus and if you still had room there was dessert available too.
It's not the place for a romantic meal but if you are looking for a good feed after a long walk or are looking for something quick, easy and relaxing if you are down in that area for the cinema or bowling then give it a go. Would definitely give it a go again if in the area.

1  Thank Gmfa