“fantastic”
Review of Llandaff Cathedral

Llandaff Cathedral
Ranked #12 of 163 things to do in Cardiff
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Set in a lovely village with a great cafe, this cathedral reminds me of another St David's elsewhere, but I can't quite place it! Laughane way maybe?! Wonderful atmosphere and welcoming vicar.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

looked stunning in the night time, would have liked to have gone inside but we were on the ghost walk. in a lovely little village, worth the visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The cathedral is quite pretty on the outside except for the awful thing in the middle, which ruins it. It's quite a way from the city centre, so you would need to take a bus/taxi, or drive. Parking is an absolute nightmare, and the access is very, very steep. I didn't personally find it very interesting inside. We found the member of staff we spoke to really rather rude and unhelpful - clearly didn't want tourists looking round in there. We certainly wouldn't go again.

2  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed February 6, 2014

... having read many books by the wonderful Welsh historian Alan Wilson, I was full of awe staring at the stained- glass window of King Arthur. Yes he did exist and yes his territory did cover an area that was mainly Welsh. His window here is something very special to me. This building simply echoes with the history of Arthur, of Christianity and of Wales. It brought a tear to my eye.

2  Thank bulletdozer
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It takes a bus ride from the city centre to get there, and once there there's not much around. The cathedral is OK, but ruined by an incredibly ugly 70's concrete addition right in the middle. Go if you have time, but you won't miss much if you don't go.