“One of my favourite fairytale castles”
Review of Castell Coch

Castell Coch
Ranked #9 of 163 things to do in Cardiff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a gorgeous Castle, it truly is like a something out of aesops fables.

Not many rooms, but each little room, accessed by a spiral staircase is just exquisite.

My favourite room is where people get married, it is so intimate, and so cosy.

A wonderful afternoon, or morning out for the family, with a gorgeous little cafe, and shop.

Definitely worth a visit, and take a picnic.

1  Thank BecksMcg

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have passed the castle many times infact since a child. It was lovely to actually look around it with my own daughter who is 5. The weather was horrendous but the staff still went out of their way to tell us about the place. It's looking old in places but what do you expect. We enjoyed it and would recommend

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like a cross between something from Harry Potter and a Disney Film... Its a short drive outside Cardiff but worth a visit if you've got some time.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I hadn't discovered this castle until recently although I have lived in Cardiff all my life. I never bothered to visit thinking it wasn't a proper castle so not worth going to. How wrong I was! The interiors are stunning and views amazing. The cafe is wonderful, one of the few places I know that caters for gluten-free diets with homemade gluten-free cakes available. Delicious! I have already been back many times since my first visit!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went here as a child and always wanted to go back. It is everything you expect it to be. A fairy tale castle. A beautiful well preserved part of history. Again you have to take a guided tour for you to get the full history of each room and its belongings. A good family day out.