“A nice appartement but terrible chech-in” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Space in the City @ Quayside

A Space in the City @ Quayside
oslo
“A nice appartement but terrible chech-in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My taxi driver did not find the entrance because there is no street number on the address.

I came to a closed door with no information what so ever on how to access my prepaid appartement. No reception, no information - just nothing!

I managed to find a telephone number in my papers, and there was an auto-reply telling me that the service was closed, and there was a emergency number I could call.

I finally reached through to a call centre. They said I had to go to a restaurant and get the key. They could not tell me where that restaurant was! It was late sunday nigjt, raining, and I was carrying heavy luggage and had no key. They were unwilling to give me a description of how to get to the restaurant. When I asked how this procedure would run normally, they simply said "I should have got an information package". When I asked about directions they did not manage, although I asked if they could check on google maps.

When I got home I found this information package in my spam filter. The same happened to my colleagues who arrived the next morning.

I was surprised about the unwillingness to help me out in a difficult situation that they had put me in. They also caused me quite a bit extra on my telephone bill.

Had to walk around in the area with my luggate and ask people on the street to guide med to the restaurant which had the key.

The rest of the stay was OK, but of course it took quite a while to accept this unfortunate check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank ragnhildOslo
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are disappointed that you had a poor experience when checking into your accommodation. I have emailed you privately on this matter if you wish to discuss this further. We do contact customers after you have made your booking and prior to arrival to confirm your arrival time and to check you have received your confirmation email with check-in instructions.

If you would like to speak with me directly to discuss your experience further please reply to my email and I will call you at your convenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay in number 16. Location is brilliant - opposite the Millennium centre with plenty of bars, restaurants and a cinema on your doorstep, and handy bus links to the city centre. Check in was straightforward and friendly with someone meeting us at the apartment within 10 minutes when we called to say we'd arrived. Apartment was lovely - warm, clean and comfortable with everything you'd need - I've stayed at apartments before which don't provide things like washing up liquid and toilet roll so it was great to have these things provided. There's a Sainsbury's at the bottom of the building which was really handy for supplies. The only downside is the parking - however there is a secure public car park just 5 minutes walk away and at £10 for 24 hours it's pretty good value and we didn't begrudge paying it to stay in such a great location. Would stay here again without hesitation!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed 2 nights. It was simply everything I could have wanted for a stay in the Bay (and that rhymes !!).

Couldn't be more convenient, excellent facility, very comfortable and great value. The team who took the booking and met me on reception were very helpful and prompt. I couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Walsall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice apartment, always good to have a bit more freedom in an apartment rather than a hotel room.
Helpful friendly staff available via phone.
Very close to the theatre and walking distance to centre of Cardiff. Plenty of restaurants on doorstep in Cardiff bay
No reception area
Parking a short walk away but reasonably priced

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed in this serviced apartment with my wife and our little princesses..
The apartment is superb, you feel the luxury of a 5 star hotel,, and the intimacy of your own home.
The neighborhood is amazing; quiet but with tens of activities to indulge yourself in: cinema, theater, mini markets, local shops, cafes, restaurants, fastfood... and lots more..
The staff were very cooperative and helpful (and multi-linguist) .. communications with management were easy.. and they respond promptly..

"THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER"

Majid

1 Thank Majid A
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Majid,

Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear to you and your family enjoyed your time in Cardiff and found the accommodation suitable for your needs.

We do hope that you return to Cardiff again in the future!
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

A comfortable and enjoyable stay in a fantastic location. A well equipped apartment with everything you will need for a short stay in Cardiff. The apartments are located in the centre of Cardiff Bay so amenities and shops are very close by. I would definietely recommend this!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Myself my wife and daughter spent a long weekend in Cardiff at A Space in The City whilst visiting our son who is at university here.

We booked it in preference to a hotel as we wanted the space and the freedom of an apartment whilst still being in the heart of the city. This meant that not only were we able to save money by self catering but we were also able to treat our son to an evening in a fresh clean bed (as opposed to the tip that his room at halls had become!) but my wife was also able to wash all his clothes for him!

The apartment is centred right in the heart of the Cardiff Bay so we were surrounded by restaurants and being directly above a small Sainsburys meant stocking up was a cinch.

The apartment is done to a very contemporary standard and was spotless when we arrived. Despite being on a busy road the double glazing filters out the worst noise. The bathrooms had perfect showers/baths with plenty of power and hot water.

Only slight minus point was that it was a bit difficult to find as there was no obvious sign on what is a small door to the side of Sainsburys and the sat nav takes you to the other side if the square. That said a quick phone call to the staff soon had us there. Only other point is that parking is only available at the nearby multistories so your costs start racking up a bit,

All in all though a near perfect base for visiting Cardiff, which I felt was better value than some cheaper hotels. Would definitely consider staring again.

P.s as a keen cook the kitchen utensils were a bit basic. Could have done with slightly more up market pots and pans. But that's just me being picky

Room Tip: Try and book facing the Millennium Centre which looks impressive especially at night and might be sl...