“Overnight stay”

Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here back in June last year - just a quick overnight stop visiting a friend but a lovely stay. Super comfy beds and lovely bathroom! Would definitely stay again! Really easy to find and a close walk into town for food and drinks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear HDrew425,
Thank you for taking the time to post your five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you were pleased with our offerings.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future,
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Czech first
Swindon
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here for work and I was very pleased.
When I checked in Sarah was the first receptionist I have come across who greeted me with a warm welcome and a friendly smile, check in was quick and easy and arrangements made for a early breakfast.
Room was very clean and well maintained.
Looking forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear SwindonNigel,
Thank you for posting your five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you were pleased with our offerings. Sarah is a valued member of our team and I am delighted that you found her welcoming. I will pass on your kind words to her. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Comox, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Just around the corner from the train station, only trick is you will have a hard time finding the Best Western signage from a distance! Stayed for 2 nights while visiting Cardiff. Good location to start explorations for central Cardiff, seemed very popular spot for hen nights, local night life on the Friday too.
Nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear LS.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am pleased to read that you were happy with our offerings.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Easy access from car with discount parking. Cardiff rail station is a block away.

Located right at the base of St Mary's it is only a couple of blocks walk to the castle. A lot of shopping, restaurants and clubs are nearby. The number 6 bus to the bay waterfront area ( Dr Who Experience) is just behind the hotel.

The staff was friendly. The room was great, It was clean, modern and had a nice comfy firm bed. Coffee water pot for the morning. Breakfast options nearby. Lovely weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors facing the train tracks might be noisy. We heard very little sound from them...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CherylinMainz,
Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you were happy with our offerings.
I will pass on on your praise to our entire team.
I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well located and very good value for money.
No on site parking but parking nearby and hotel has an agreed rate
Station 2 minutes away
Bars and restaurants 2 mins away
Rooms clean but ask for a room away from railway line
Pleasant bar and good food served
Wifi is very good compared to other local hotels
Air con in rooms also very good
Pleasant staff
I would recommend and stay again myself without any hesitation. I have stayed at the holiday inn which is about 5 mins from this hotel and there is no comparison, the Maldron beats every aspect....

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Alistair S,
Thank you for such a positive review on tripadvisor. I will pass on your feedback to our team.
I hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Location is fantastic - 2 minute walk (if that) from the train station. Across the road is all your bars and mill lane which is known for the cocktail bars, yet as your in the middle of everything I have never known a room so quiet when going to bed.

We had breakfast here both mornings and I must say it was beautiful, so much choice of everything and all very fresh all the time, highly recommend you have the breakfast on your booking included.

Rooms are very nicely decorated and just perfect for what we needed with a very comfortable bed too.

I for one will be staying here again when I visit Cardiff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear AliWylie,
Thank you for posting your five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you were pleased with our offerings and I will pass on your praise to our entire team.I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
Central Coast, NSW
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Maldron Hotel in April. It is a very nice hotel located a very short walk from the train station. It is also only a quick walk into town for sights like Cardiff Castle, the National Museum and the Millenium Stadium.

The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. I did not eat at the hotel as there are plenty of pubs, bars and eateries in the main street. I would be happy to recommend the Maldron Hotel to anyone going to Cardiff

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear ccmfam60,
Thank you for posting your five star review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you were satisfied with our offerings. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future,