“Great for business stay or city break”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have recently spent 4 nights in this hotel on business and it was a very good overall experience.
The hotel is very close to a NCP car park as well as been close to the train station.
Hotel was clean and breakfast was nice with a good choice.
Restaurant at night had a decent menu with some nice dishes on it.
Will definitely use again next time in Cardiff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Paul F_England,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.
I am pleased you enojoyed your stay and I look forward to meeting you on your return stay.

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Cardiff

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed for two nights on room only basis. Lovely room and good service. Good deal with booking.com at £110 for two nights. Modern , really clean and well equipped room - 810. Easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping and train station. Hotel does a good deal with nearby ncp car park too. Recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ambercat 13,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our offerings. We pride ourselves on being competitively priced and I am pleased you experienced this first hand. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I go to Cardiff often usually with friends or family, I had never stayed in the Maldron before but a lady I spoke to one night said it was really nice so I thought give it a go and I was really impressed with it staff lovely ,rooms very nice and very clean, breakfast that you can't fault except eating too much. I will certainly be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Gwenogwen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted your overall experience was enjoyable. I will pass on your kind comments to all departments and I look forward to meeting you on your return trip.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Maldron during the Autumn Internationals. The staff were very friendly on arrival and held our bags for us as our room wasn't ready when we arrived.
The hotel is central and very convenient. Our room was on the 10th floor so we certainly couldn't hear any noise from the street or the train station.
The room was clean and a decent size. The staff were friendly and welcoming.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Laura C,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our teampride themselves on their customer service skills and I am delighted that this was evident throughout your stay. I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Location is central, leave the car at home. Reception & staff very well done. Rooms more than adequate & more importantly spotless. Bar restaurant area has welcoming feel & staff are brilliant. Didn't try dinner menu, but breakfast had a good choice & was cooked to perfection, with staff on hand constantly checking on temp & quality. Try their cream tea, ask for a doggy bag, you'll need one. Also tried the Maldron spirit their signature cocktail. Wow delicious. We were fortunate as we booked through secret escapes some time ago & these were included in the price, which worked out at £69 per night for a double. Brilliant price, fabulous service, will go back again definitely

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Gwenny25,

Thank you for taking the time to post a five star review on tripadvisor.
Each department prides themselves on perfection and I am glad to read that you witnessed this first hand. I will pass on your kind words to each department. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Spotless and brilliant service. Attaintive concierge and lovely staff. Very good value for money especially with being in the centre of Cardiff. I didn't get chance to try room service or the restaurant but it looked great. would definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SkyPirate Sonic,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Maldron and you found us to be of good value. I appreciate you posting a five star review.
Our reception team pride themselves on their attention to detail and I’m happy that they excelled during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed in the Maldron for 3 months at the start of 2013 while on business. The hotel was very comfortable, all of the rooms I stayed in were well appointed, comfortable and quiet.

The staff were formal but friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was good, although there were times when it was not possible to get a table due to coach parties reserving large swathes of the restaurant - something worth considering if you don't function without a good breakfast!

Evening meals were OK, although the menu was slightly limited. The hotels location means it is only a few minutes walk to the centre of Cardiff where there are numerous places to drink and eat - so the limited menu was a bit of a non-issue.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to business travelers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lee-the-contractor,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and thank you for your recommendation. I hope to welcome you back in the future for any further work in Cardiff.