“Great stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cheddar, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Situated in just the right spot, my husband and I caught the train to Cardiff,it's right next to the station so not far to walk. We were on the 9th floor, we didn't hear a peep from the trains or the night life. Lovely clean rooms with just the right amount of amenities in it.Beds were clean and comfy, bathroom was spotless. The next morning we headed for breakfast, there was a good selection of food to suit everyone's taste.Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher up, the less noise from the trains!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Aimee G
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Czech first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, lovely room with a double and single bed ,
all the staff were helpful and friendly,a nice touch was a free cocktail each, and it was excellent.
the breakfast was all-so first class, the only minus point was the noise from the railway station
I sometimes travel with with earplugs in my bag, but not this time, but I still will give it 5 stars,

Room Tip: ask for a room the opposite side to the railway station, we were on the 10th floor good view and g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADO38
Dear ADO38
I appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you found our hotel to be one of the best you have stayed in and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for the station - which does though mean that it is literally beside the railway so some train noise.
The rooms are quite average for this type of hotel, quite comfy, spacious enough, desk space, air conditioned.
For me what let it down was insufficient lifts, there are I believe 10 floors and only 2 lifts, so be prepared to wait at busy times or take the stairs. Also not happy to find one of the cups (in room tea / coffee facilities) was dirty! But the kettle does fit under the taps in the bathroom to fill it!!!
All staff very friendly and helpful. Menu available in restaurant was quite limited - didn't see the one that was advertised on line, but food was good as was service.
In summary a good hotel and I would recommend it for a brief stay.

Room Tip: High up for less noise, but more likely to need busy lift
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear WALADD,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy you found our staff to be friendly & helpful.

Being an 11 story building we do have peak times where the lifts are a little slower than usual and unfortunately this is out of our control.
I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Cardiff.

London
Reviewed May 23, 2013

superbly located within walking distance of the train station and walking distance to all the bars and shopping.

Clean rooms, good size twin room.

Did not try the breakfast.

Comfy bed

This hotel was perfect for a weekend away in Cardiff

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mrwhyte,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

I hope to welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel for any future stay to the city.

Warm regards,
Alison Mansfield
Deputy General Manager
Portsmouth
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed there quite a few times and its always excellent. The rooms are clean and have great views over the city. Its 2 mins away from the train station and close to all of Cardiffs attractions.
I now always stay there when ever I'm in Cardiff, which is about 12 times a year.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad night there and stayed on most of the floors so it all seems to be good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Simonford

Thank you for your glowing comments on tripadvisor.

I am glad you have had excellent stays with us and we appreciate your return custom. I will pass on your fantastic comments to our team.

See you again soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a hotel it is very close to the railway station, one of cities main road, and the cardiff castle within walking distance. It is a basic hotel, quiet, clean and neat ...no major frills. Very good for a tourist to come back and sleep after a hectic day of sight seeing and fairly reasonable too...esp. if one books in advance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Renu S

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found our hotel to be a good clean place to stay. Being a 3 star hotel we pride ourselves on giving our guests a clean and quite environment to relax in.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night (18th)..mother/daughter time. I emailed in advanced asked for higher floor and chocolates in room (£5 extra..worth ever penny).
ROOM...was amazing 606, king bed, corner room, lovely bathroom, huge tv, great open space.
LOCATION...perfect, amazing restaurant underneath (viva brazil) great bars right outside, shopping 5mins walk, train station even closer. As we stayed on 6th floor we could hear the music at night but nothing to stop me sleeping, and didnt once hear a train.
SERVICE...was lovely at reception, asked for a bucket of ice and robes, robes were still drying but was given ice bucket. Also toothpaste was given to us as we both forgot it.
BREAKFAST...really really good. Help yourself. 10/10.
Even better that checkout is 12.
Going to see a show in november and know exactly where im booking to stay...will even ask for same room....maybe on a higher floor. But loved it.
Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2013
Dear FiFiGeorge,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on tripadvisor.

I am glad you had an amazing stay with us and thought we were perfect for everything you needed.

I appreciate you loading your pictures and your glowing recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Warmest Regards