2,392 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I was booked into the hotel by a local university as I was speaking at a conference held there. I am usually impressed by Accor hotels but I consider my experience at the Novotel to be the best I have had. My standard room was smashing as were the Spa facilities but the 2 stand out features were the food and the staff. The choice of food at breakfast was great and I was able to help myself to scrambled egg and smoked salmon instead of the equally tempting english cooked breakfast. Everything was well laid out and appetising. As I was a lone traveller I chose to eat in the hotel bar both evenings of my stay and both meals were equally delicious - the noodles with chicken and prawns the first night and the thai green chicken curry the second (this was as good as any I have had in Thai restaurants) . All the staff were friendly and efficient but 2 were outstanding - Nicole in the bar and Monika on Reception - many thanks to them. Congratulations to the Management - it is rare to find a hotel that is so well run across all areas. I intend to return to Cardiff for a weekend break with my partner and we will DEFINITELY stay at the Novotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted
to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,Wael Elassal

Reviewed January 11, 2011

This was my second stay at the Novotel Cardiff. The standard of the hospital received was outstanding as during the previous visit. However the room rate for that night was excessive compared with the previous occassion. Even taking into consideration that it was New Years Eve. Fortunately I was able to use Accor reward points to pay for the bulk of my stay.I will certainly visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnAir274568

Thank you very much for your review - delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward
to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Wael Elassal

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I found the hotel quiet and clean with nice facilities however breakfast was very disorganised and had to chase for teas and coffess and majority of the food for a cooked breakfast was empty

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Cardiff centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about
Breakfast service which I will share with my team so that we can further improve our service to our customers. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Novotel Cardiff Centre once again in the near future.
Kind regards
Wael Elassal

Reviewed January 5, 2011

hotel very good standard with excellant restaurant.
very good facilities including swimming pool an gym.
all staff very polite

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Compass277558
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Cardiff Centre,
I look forward to your next visit.Kind regards,
Wael Elassal

Reviewed January 1, 2011

The hotel is an excellent choice for visitors to cardiff looking for a relaxing break. Before we left we were undecided between the Park Plaza, Hilton or Novotel. While the Park plaza is a lovely hotel its location lets in down as its on an extremely noisy road, similar for the hilton but the Novotels location is about 5-10mins walk to the city centre and 15mins to the bay and because of this its great for a quite nights sleep.

We got an excellent rate through their winter offer this included breakfast. We decided to upgrade to an executive room. Th room was spacious, nice comfortable bed, flat screen tv, bathrobe,bath and separate shower. However no free wifi. A pet hate of mine is how some hotels do not offer free wifi. This should be a given in all hotels with a 4 star rating. Wifi is so common now so a little surprised the hotel is behind the times with this one.

I have to say the checkin staff particularly the girl who checked us in was extremely nice. The breakfast was an excellent start to the day. Again the breakfast staff were always smiling and although it was busy there was no wait in them bring tea, coffee and showing guests to their table.
The hotel has great spa facilities nice gym and swimming pool.
All in all an excellent stay in cardiff and very pleased with choice of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your
stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, Wael Elassal