“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
8  Thank aberfeldy29
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here as part of a party of 12 in Cardiff for the rugby. A thoroughly enjoyable stay, and I would happily recommend the hotel.

Room was well appointed, with free wi-fi. No problems with noise, and the black-out curtains and a comfortable king sized bed made for a great night's sleep. The bathroom was clean and roomy, with a separate shower and bath tub. Had breakfast in the hotel, which offered the full range - from juices, toast and cereals, through full cooked bacon, sausage, eggs etc. to a continental selection of meats and cheeses. Very enjoyable, and fair value at 13.95

The staff were universally friendly, from the receptionists to the staff in the health club to the guys running the cosy bar area. Check-in and check-out went smoothly, and nothing was too much trouble - they even sorted out maps so we could run on the Taff Trail each morning.

Location is really handy - ten minute walk into the city centre and the Millenium stadium one way, and 10 minutes or so in the other direction to the Millenium Centre, the National Assembly,Tiger Bay and the walk across the barrage to Penarth. Nice to be a little distant from the noise and hustle and bustle of the centre, but close enough to be walkable - no need to be forever ordering taxis.

I would certainly stay here again on a visit to Cardiff.

9  Thank Andrew S
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your great review.

I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your visit to Cardiff and to the Novotel.
I am particularly pleased that the service, your room, breakfast and location stood out for you on your trip and that you intend to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have stayed here on numerous previous occasions as the position of the hotel is excellent with easy access to the city centre but away from the noise that can be present on rugby weekends.We stayed here with Scottish friends for the 'Super Saturday' of the 6 Nations 2014. We booked it well in advance as we know from previous experience that the hotel is in demand. It is clear why this is as soon as you enter reception as the service and welcome are second to none. This even extended to the fact that the Reception staff remembered me from the time I booked several months earlier which was impressive. Service in every area we encountered was of the highest quality. We ate breakfast each morning in the dining room and the slick operation at an extremely busy time was impressive. Bearing in mind that breakfast is not included in the cost of the room the food is top quality with excellent choice of hot and cold buffet and therefore good value at £10. The staff in the dining room are discreetly attentive and very professional making everyone at ease.
The rooms are spacious and have very comfortable sofa beds already made up so an extra guest can be accommodated as was the case for us. Still plenty of room to manoeuvre around the beds with the sofa bed out. Extra pillows and towels are never a problem for the housekeeping staff who clean rooms every day to a high standard.
We will always ensure that we secure rooms at tis hotel whenever we visit Cardiff as it really is hard to beat the wonderful service and welcome we receive as well as being good value even on a special weekend.

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed over the times we have stayed have been fine.
9  Thank Monal19
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review and rating.

I am delighted that you and your frineds enjoyed your stay with us and that the highlights for you included; serivce, breakfast quality/choice and value for money.

I look forward to you next visit that it will be as pleasuarble to what you have become accustomed to.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

After the disappointment of a recent stay at Novotel's Wolverhampton, I was pleased to find Novotel Cardiff is maintaining the standards I expect from this Accor brand. Somehow I do like to be greeted for breakfast by someone with a charming French accent! The location is reasonable, only 10-15 minutes walk to the centre and Cardiff Central station, and unlike nearby Mercure (from which I transferred!) you don't have to cross busy roads without any pedestrian crossings. Although the room itself was very much in line with the Novotel corporate standard, the building itself is interesting, looking as if it is conversion from an original warehouse, with a scenic lift and other features obviously preserved which make differentiate it from more modern Novotels that can be a bit bland. Good selection of TV channels and free wifi in the room. Comfortable bed and no disturbances in the night. Polite and friendly staff, I would definitely stay here again for £75 including breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank MikeWReading

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and that the highlight for you included the building character, location, serivce and room comfort.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here over a six nations weekend when Cardiff was rammed. The location couldn't be better (10 minute walk to the stadium and town) and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are comfy and the blackout curtains mean you can't help but pass out in the massive beds!

I didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food, but the bar area was pleasant and my girlfriend enjoyed the cocktails she had.

Parking was £9 a day, but the car park is right beside the hotel, so again ideally situated and worth it just for that.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking not for luxury, but a well located, clean and friendly hotel in Cardiff city centre.

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same really as far as I'm aware
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank outandaboutblogger

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and that the location and serivce were stand-out points for you.

I hope that next time you visit Cardiff, you will choose to return to the hotel.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for St. David's day as a weekend getaway. Wasn't the easiest place to find on foot, but we were welcomed by friendly staff when we arrived. Check in was simple and we went straight down to the pool/spa area, very nice if not a bit busy, expected this on the weekends though. Room was clean, modern and spacious, complimentary hot drink facilities always make you feel welcome in a hotel also. Every member of staff we came across in the hotel, smiled and were very polite with us every time we spoke to them.

Didn't include breakfast in our stay as it seemed a bit expensive at £13 each, perhaps something the hotel can work on.

All in all, I knew about this hotel as my family had stayed here before and it definitely didn't disappoint after what they had told me, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Ash W
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and that the level of service experienced stood out for you.

I hope that you may consider returning to the Novotel on your next visit to Cardiff.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

There is a level of comfort expected in all Novotel properties, and this property does not disappoint. Car parking is available on site (9 pound for residents) and it is an easy walk into Cardiff centre from the hotel. Buffet breakfast was plentiful and pleasant. There is gym and pool on the property, and guests have access.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank AussiesBallarat
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit and that the highlights for you included the room comfort, breakfast and leisure facilities.

I hope that you will all return again very soon.