“My stay”

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice location nice staff but the room needed updateing new carpets new windows as there is mold round the frame the bathroom was clean but the grouting arounf the taps need either a good clean or replaced .in my room i found a flannel down the side of the sofa and alighter not mine you would hsve thought before i got the room they would have checked came back after day out still there to tired to tell anyone

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank broons19
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am sorry that you encountered some shortfalls during your stay and had they been brought to our attention at the time, we would have taken immediate action.

I am pleased however, that overall, you enjoyed your stay in terms of value, location and level of service.

I hope that on reflection, you will choose to return to the hotel for a genuinely hassle-free stay.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a 2 night stay right before Christmas 2013 - our stay was excellent, our room very comfortable with modern and clean amenities - bathroom was really nice. Like that we could access the pool, jacuzzi, hammam, and sauna for free. Very quiet, never head any neighbors or street noise. Room cleaning service free. Design of hotel is very nicely done - like a converted factory. Hotel ambiance was warm and welcoming.

The reason this review does not get 5 stars, and this seems like a recurrent theme in other reviews - the front desk staff are not as friendly and welcoming as you'd expect. They could smile more and make you feel like a true guest, as opposed to 'process you' like a busy airline counter. For instance when we had questions for them (about using the pool for example), we felt like we were inconveniencing them. Also, the staff's English needs some perfecting.
However, it should be noted that the bar tender was very nice.

Will definitely return when in Cardiff again, with hopefully some friendlier and perhaps more helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EliUSA14
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall, you both had an 'excellent stay' and that despite the duly noted point raised, I am glad that the rest of your stay left you wanting to return to the hotel.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is about 10 years old, but is kept in very good condition. The rooms are large, modern, and quiet. And everything is in close proximity to the center of town. Having a nice indoor pool was a plus.

The staff was very nice. We asked to change rooms once because our first room had a few issues and they did it with out question. A nice guy working in the restaurant gave us a ton of great tips on what to see and where to eat while we were in Cardiff.

I would stay at any Novotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MAR85ny

Thank you for your great review.

I am delighted that you both had a pleasant stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and that the highlights for you included the location, pool, condition of the rooms and the level of service.

I hope that if you return again to Cardiff, you will choose to return to the Novotel.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked this hotel in advance for the 6nations match, knowing that all hotels would be fully booked during this weekend, and i was correct. Having paid almost £200 for the room, i was disappointed to say the least that the room was as standard as a holiday inn. Admittedly very clean and with all necessary amenities, the room was small and very standard. The staff however were wonderful, and after a long journey we arrived at 10:30am, and though we couldn't check in, the staff were all so lovely and forthcoming with any information we needed. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked lovely, and there were a few people having spa days which is evident from the good reviews on here. The bar area is also lovely and reasonably priced, and the position for the centre is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sophie D

Thanmk you for your feedback and review.

Whilst I am sorry that your room did not reach your expectations but I am pleased that you found that it did have the necessary amenities with a good level of cleanliness. I am delighted that you found the service 'wonderful' and that the location suited your visit to Cardiff.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a great hotel one of the nicest I have stayed in for business in the UK. Lovely huge room with comfy bed and sofa. Nice bathroom and very quiet - Especially compared to the best western maldron which, has extremely noisy air conditioning. Great breakfast and coffee included which I could not fault. Good pool and gym facilities too. All the staff where curious and very helpful,especially the breakfast staff. Could not recommend this hotel more. Much better than others in a similar price bracket and worth the 10 min extra walk from the station.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank HalKen
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for your excellent rating and review.

I am delighted that you rank the Novotel Cardiff so highly and were pleased with the services and facilities on offer.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back next time for another great stay.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for the rygby Wales v Italy, conveniently situated for the city centre and central railway station both a 10 minute walk. but did take a taxi when it was raining £4.00 each way. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious with tea and coffee facilities. Also enjoyed the full English breakfast which we booked at reception for £10.00 per person.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank blod_11

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Cardiff for the Rugby and your stay at the Novotel.
I am also pleased that you and your family enjoyed your room size and comfort.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you all back next time.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 24 hours at the hotel. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left we enjoyed the professional hospitality of the staff at the hotel. We would like to make a special mention for Alma Casanova who seemingly never slept but always had a smile and went out of her way to provide the personal touches.
We upgraded to the executive room, well worth while, spacious, comfy bed and nice touches like the Nespresso machine. The breakfast was fairly standard but enjoyable, we didn't take dinner there but instead took a short ride to Mill lane where there were a number of decent restaurants to choose from.
Finally if you wish to go to the bay or the centre you will probably need a taxi, it can be walked but not the most scenic and not for ladies in heels. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive though nit tried standard