2,391 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here as a single parent with a toddler.
The staff went out of their way to keep him entertained and give me a hand when I needed it.
They were very helpful with information about the local area and gave me a map and directions to local attractions.
The room was lovely and perfect for what we needed but it really was the staff who made our stay perfect.
Will be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank KellyHarrison81
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review and rating.

I am delighted that you and your son had a great stay and that you were impressed by the service that you experienced.

I hope to welcome you both back again very soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have used quite a few novotels in the UK and abroad and find they are excellent and especially excellent value for money. This visit to Cardiff Novotel didn't start well when I found they had billed me twice on my credit card. It was sorted but as far as I'm concerned this is a dreadful mistake and one that loses customer trust. I wasn't offered anything in compensation when I phoned to get a refund for the double charge. The hotel is very comfortable with excellent facilities. There is a large poster inside the hotel stating the Manager's main aim is to provide excellent service to each guest. Sadly, our room wasn't made up on our second day. As we checked out on stating the two problems, we were given £18 refund on parking. Sorry, but the promise wasn't me this visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion regarding your bill, but I am pleased that we were able to resolve it at the time. I have also discussed you addditional comment with our Housekeeping Team. I acknowledge that a goodwill gesture was provided in realtion to these issues.

However, I am pleased that you did enjoy other parts of your stay and that you found the hotel 'comfortable with excellent facilities'.

I hope that next time, you will enjoy an overall enjoyable stay should you choose to return.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was not sure what to expect as I have stayed at another Novotel before and didn't think much of it. I also got this at a bargain price so was a little sceptical of what I would find but this hotel was fantastic. Perfectly located near town, parking on site, leisure facilities and a nice warm welcome. Room was great, lovely and clean with a huge bed and extra settee bed. I regular stay at hilton hotels and I thought this hotel was much nicer than those and half the price! When I come to Cardiff again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank angelcarla

Thank you for your excellent review and rating.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay, with the highlights including, service, location, leisure facilities, parking and your room comfort/cleanliness.

I hope that nest time, I will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I chose the hotel as it had gym and pool facilities, however I was disappointed as the gym was small and over crowed with locals rather than guests and pool had so much chlorine in it, it was like swimming in a thin oil!

My room was ok with a very comfy bed however this was all let down by a bathroom with cobwebs in the corner of the shower and cigarette ash around the taps of the sink- Im a non smoker so not mine!

Also the menu in the telly was a pain making it hard to get on to normal telly!, there was a lot of noise coming from the corridor through most of the night and the bathroom extractor fan didnt work so my room filled with steam after every shower!

Staff were friendly and the food was nice, however I wont be staying here again as the pool and issues with the bathroom have put me off!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I have investigated your comments regarding the swimming pool and can confirm that the correct parameters for chlorination are consistent and well within the guidelines.

I have discussed your additional comments with regard to your room with our Housekeeping Manager for immediate address.

I am pleased to inform you that in relation to the TV's in the bedrooms, we are due for a full upgrade next month, that will provide additional channels and improved functionality.

I hope that on reflection and considering yourpositive comments about the cuisine and service, you may give us the opportunity to welcome you back for an overall improved visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week and left not too happy . I've stayed here before a few months ago and thought it was ok , this time I was none too happy. I was after a long day at work and all I wanted to do was eat . So I arrived down to eat in the bar as the restaurant was closed due to it being quiet . I walked into the bar and saw three staff chatting at the bar you acknowledged me . I sat down at a table and started reading the menu . I was starving and waited 10minutes but the staff were more interested in chatting than even coming over and asking me was I ok for a drink even.
I walked out and ate in another hotel around the corner . Next time I'll stay in the hotel around the corner .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CorlessGalway

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one on this occasion. At Novotel, we pride ourselves on our usually high levels of service but please rest assured, the Management Team discuss all feedback which will be addressed accordingly.

I hope that on reflection, you may consider returning to the hotel whereby we may have the opportunity to prove to you that this isolated experience is not a normal guest experience.