2,387 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was not sure what to expect as I have stayed at another Novotel before and didn't think much of it. I also got this at a bargain price so was a little sceptical of what I would find but this hotel was fantastic. Perfectly located near town, parking on site, leisure facilities and a nice warm welcome. Room was great, lovely and clean with a huge bed and extra settee bed. I regular stay at hilton hotels and I thought this hotel was much nicer than those and half the price! When I come to Cardiff again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank angelcarla
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review and rating.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay, with the highlights including, service, location, leisure facilities, parking and your room comfort/cleanliness.

I hope that nest time, I will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I chose the hotel as it had gym and pool facilities, however I was disappointed as the gym was small and over crowed with locals rather than guests and pool had so much chlorine in it, it was like swimming in a thin oil!

My room was ok with a very comfy bed however this was all let down by a bathroom with cobwebs in the corner of the shower and cigarette ash around the taps of the sink- Im a non smoker so not mine!

Also the menu in the telly was a pain making it hard to get on to normal telly!, there was a lot of noise coming from the corridor through most of the night and the bathroom extractor fan didnt work so my room filled with steam after every shower!

Staff were friendly and the food was nice, however I wont be staying here again as the pool and issues with the bathroom have put me off!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I have investigated your comments regarding the swimming pool and can confirm that the correct parameters for chlorination are consistent and well within the guidelines.

I have discussed your additional comments with regard to your room with our Housekeeping Manager for immediate address.

I am pleased to inform you that in relation to the TV's in the bedrooms, we are due for a full upgrade next month, that will provide additional channels and improved functionality.

I hope that on reflection and considering yourpositive comments about the cuisine and service, you may give us the opportunity to welcome you back for an overall improved visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week and left not too happy . I've stayed here before a few months ago and thought it was ok , this time I was none too happy. I was after a long day at work and all I wanted to do was eat . So I arrived down to eat in the bar as the restaurant was closed due to it being quiet . I walked into the bar and saw three staff chatting at the bar you acknowledged me . I sat down at a table and started reading the menu . I was starving and waited 10minutes but the staff were more interested in chatting than even coming over and asking me was I ok for a drink even.
I walked out and ate in another hotel around the corner . Next time I'll stay in the hotel around the corner .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CorlessGalway

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one on this occasion. At Novotel, we pride ourselves on our usually high levels of service but please rest assured, the Management Team discuss all feedback which will be addressed accordingly.

I hope that on reflection, you may consider returning to the hotel whereby we may have the opportunity to prove to you that this isolated experience is not a normal guest experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed here once before and it was ok, so I came back and you know what it was ok again. Had an executive room in the old brewery building, big room, was ok. Ate in the bar and it was fine good value too. One comment, I am over 6ft, did not notice at first but the bottom bed sheet did not reach the bottom of the bed, there was a good 6 inches of basically mattress! Effectively 10% missing. I was disappointed - did ask for 10% discount , 10% missing? They were ok and they took care of it. I'll come back. Breakfast could be a little....erm, just try a little harder with ingredients maybe, was not bad but could be a bit better.

Room Tip: The rooms in the old, building are good, however some have small windows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt A
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you felt that your experience left you willing to return. I note your additional comments and am pleased that the staff 'took care of it'.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com