2,386 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My Dad and I stayed here for one night; we had come down to watch the Cardiff v West Ham game. I had booked through a third party website and felt it was good value. Not sure what you would pay direct. It's central and a 15 minute walk from Cardiff Bay. We booked a room with a queen bed and a convertible sofa bed - we both slept really well and there was spare linen / pillows in the room for the sofa bed. The hotel is on a corner next to a fairly busy road but we weren't disturbed during the night. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was clean and modern. We had free access to the pool / spa / gym - which was in good condition and we used on both days. They also provide you with a towel so you don't need to take your own. My only grumble was that we had to pay £9 for parking for 24 hours but I expect this is fairly standard for most hotels. I would definitely stay again and struggled to find fault at all!

7  Thank twoollard
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and leisure facilities.

I hope that next time you will choose to return for another great stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I spent two days at the Novotel. The location is excellent with St Davids shopping area only 5 to 10 minutes walk and slightly longer in the other direction to the bay. The rooms are spacious and clean and breakfast was of a high standard. This was my second stay at the hotel and I would certainly consider staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank boomshanka_10
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you had another great stay on your return to the hotel and that you both enjoyed the services and facilities on offer.

I hope that your next visit will be an even more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and yet again it was excellent. This the price was amazing, the hotel was spotless, in every department. On this trip I had dinner and breakfast, the dinner was out of this world, they had a very wide range choice of food on offer but I was only glad it was all part of my deal as some of the prices if you had to purchase your dinned separately were very high, in saying that also found the quality of the food and presentation very high also. In the morning breakfast was yet again a very high standard with a huge range to choose from. I was the pool on a few occasions, the steam room and sauna and they were all very clean as were the changing facilities. The two bad points are, the beds I found not very comfortable, and the very high charge for parking your car, which I think should be free for guests.

6  Thank David B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am delighted that you chose to return to the hotel and enjoyed another great stay.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back for a third occasion next time you are in Cardiff.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed one night with our 11 year old in a standard room with a double sofa bed which was dead easy to quickly pull out and put back (complete with duvet) which meant we had plenty of floor space. Used the wifi in the room and that was pretty quick.

Didn’t eat in the restaurant but had breakfast and that was good – the usual choices which were kept topped up by loads of staff.

The pool and the gym were used by club members as well as hotel guests but they weren’t too busy over the weekend whilst we were there. They were both a reasonable size for a hotel and the pool even had a lane roped off for swimming.

Finally, about a 10 minute walk into the city centre. Parking in their car park is £9/24hrs but we parked on Schooner Way just outside. Parking there is free all the time although it was quite busy so it might sometimes be a struggle to find a spot.

Would definitely stay here again.

6  Thank ukboarder

Thank you for your great review and feedback.

More importantly, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay that suited your needs and that you are looking forward to returning again.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back next time for another great stay.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014