We'd booked tickets for a concert at the Motorpoint Arena and I thought about going back to stay in nearby hotels we'd been before. However, the wife and I fancied a little more comfort and a chance for a relaxing time before and after the show.
We arrived on a Saturday night around 2:30 (check-in is 2pm) and quickly made our way to our room to get ready for the spa. The room was spacious, well laid out and very well finished. Off to the spa for a soak in the jacuzzi (enough for 6 people at a push), a few lengths in the pool, into the steam room and then the sauna (both just about room for 6 in each). All were in very good condition and none felt crowded at any time.
Back to the room... the queen sized bed was extremely comfortable!! the remote didn't work well on the media centre and we only got use out of the normal TV channels anyway although plenty available to keep you amused (keyboard to help with any online surfing, etc).
Dinner was only being served in the restaurant between 6 - 10pm so we couldn't plan that into our schedule so we ate out locally as the doors for the Arena opened at 6pm (the menu did look nice though). We returned late to the hotel bar and had a cocktail (although they'd run out of a few ingredients leaving the selection a little sparse... and I could have done with some feedback that my cocktail would be "pink"!!).
Corridor noise was a little too evident as you could hear guests comings and goings... slightly disappointed that this wasn't more insulated ! However, the lined curtains work really well !
In the morning we enjoyed a nicely cooked and laid out breakfast (£10 each) and were able to extend our checkout for free as this is apparently available on Sundays... so we asked for checkout at 4pm. However, after another hour or two back in the spa it was time to go around 1pm anyway.
There was plenty of room for cars in the car park which costs £9 overnight. No problem trying to find a space - and I could see my car from the room :)
A very nice hotel, polite and attentive staff, relaxed but professional environment.
You pay a little more, but you get a little more back.
Booked through Booking.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Cardiff Centre is a 4 star hotel perfect for your next break in Cardiff. Close to live sports action at the Principality Stadium, entertainment at the Motorpoint Arena and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the City Centre or Cardiff Bay. Enjoy our Restaurant and Bar, well equipped leisure facilities including; superb 15m indoor swimming pool, Resistance and Cardio gyms, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Guests will find free WiFi internet throughout the Hotel. For business needs, we have nine meeting rooms including The Warehouse function room, a fabulous venue for weddings and conferences alike. 120 Parking spaces at GBP 12 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Cardiff Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Hotel Accor Cardiff Centre
- Cardiff Novotel
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Wales