2,386 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Booked a room at the Novotel at the last minute and managed to get an executive room for £80.. These rooms are bigger in size, offer bathrobe and slipper, coffee machine.. I also thought that the Wifi was free in the executive rooms and this was also advertised in the lifts for mid-week stays.. However, I had to pay and was given the option of £3.95 for an hr or £9 for 24hrs..I really hate having to pay for this and its a real gripe of mine... I would only stay at a hotel of this type for business (as were the majority of other guests) and this would cost the hotel peanuts to offer the wifi for free and would be a real plus point for them to offer to guests.. I used the gym facitlities whilst I was there and the equipment was very basic but did the job for the evening..
The bed was large and comfortable but the pillows were synthetic which I really hate but I suppose to be expected in this type of hotel.. The car park was charged at £8 for the night which annoyed me as the hotel is not right in the centre of Cardiff and parking was not at a premium here.. I would consider staying here again if I was in the area but there is a lot of competition for them so if they offered the carpark and wifi for free they would certainly be getting my business..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel Cardiff. I’m
pleased that overall you had a decent stay and we have noted your comments about Wifi and internet access. Should you choose to stay with us again, I'd just like to highlight that with the executive rooms, internet access is included within the rate, which is wired through the TV. Wifi is offered as a secondary method of accessing the internet and is operated by a 3rd party.
However, thank you for your feedback and i hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I enjoyed my stay there. Only minor issue for me is that there were no restaurants particularly nearby so unless you want to eat at the hotel all the time you are stuck with a short walk into the centre of Cardiff. For some it might not be an issue as it is really not too much of an inconvenience but it also might be a consideration for others.

• Stayed: June 2012
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife booked us in for one night as she had stayed there before a while ago. We paid £90 for the one night. It seems that this hotel has a 4 star rating, but not all the rooms are, although the rooms are all the same price.
£8 for parking in the hotels car park. Room VERY, VERY BASIC!!! Breakfast is very good, though just like everything else there, VERY EXPENSIVE!!!
Some of the male reception staff were a little rude and brash. Other residents of the hotel were very loud when walking through the corridors all night.
All in all, we had a bed and paid £90.
NO WAY woudl we visit there again.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Golden A

I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all feedback
with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to
contact me on 02920 475000 to discuss this further.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good quiet location 10 mins walk to waterside or town. Reasonable size rooms and good beds. Smart combination of old mill and new hotel. Good pool and spa facilities excellent breakfast £8 car park charge. Recommended

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am delighted that you found the hotel 'smart and stylish' and that you recommend the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Cardiff.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed here for leisure and work and cannot fault it. The rooms are spacious and contemporary. The food is expensive but very nice. The bar area is large and serves all drinks you would expect. The swimming pool is very nice and boasts good leisure facilities. Little bit out of town but a cheap taxi ride in during the evening, or a nice walk if you would prefer. Highly recommend this hotel as one of the bes in Cardiff.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review and high recommendation. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back for business or leisure next time.