“Excellent value for money!!”

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Booked this hotel for my works party, booked it via late rooms and it was well worth the money. Easy to get into cardiff town centre, nice swimming pool with, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Breakfast looked nice but was too hungover to try any. Rooms were very nice with a nice size bathroom. Bed was very confortable and myself and my partner had a great nights sleep. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and your partner had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the services and facilities available. I look forward to your next visit whereupon you will be able to sample the breakfast cuisine!.
Chris Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Lovely hotel, modern, well designed. Rooms well proportioned and a good sized bathroom with separate shower and bath, extra glazing for sound proofing. Comfortable king size beds and good pillows. Enjoyed an excellent hot/ cold buffet breakfast which is AVAILABLE until noon - think this is a real bonus after a late night out. Huge bar area with comfortable seating and a pool/ spa. Parking on site and the hotel is a short walk to the city centre, I believe.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that the breakfast is served until noon (At the weekend)
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights when Australia played Wales in the rugby, and because of this the second night was much more expensive. The location is pretty good, bit further out than some other hotels (about 15minute walk to the stadium), and the rooms modern and clean, although the bathroom needed some work (the glass panel on the side of the shower leaked a lot of water onto the floor).
There is a fitness centre that we didn't use, and the bar is very modern and serves food and we came back there rather than fighting everyone for the bars in Cardiff centre.
The bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows and I slept like a baby!!
We were able to leave our bags there after we checked out, and they organised a cab for us for the afternoon.
Overall a great hotel, nice staff, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked one night of the Novotel in Cardiff partly because being central and also the attractive price. Not over impressed, getting access to it was challenging to say the least! Cardiff town planning baffled me immensely and the hotel is built in a "new" area with limited road access.

Reception was pleasant - the room was spacious but three things did irritate me:
a) it took ages for the warm water to come under the shower - I am a regular traveller the time it took has beaten every record .. only persistence pays!
b) I asked for a wake-up call and this did not come - hopefully I awoke without this.
c) more annoying is that the room was overheated in the evening with no possibility of opening a window nor lowering the temperature - I was "stuck" with that heat - the reception offered me a fan - which in the middle of winter seems paradoxical!

Breakfast was good with plenty of selection! Quiet night and refreshed but I may give it a miss next time I am in Cardiff. Novotel have to learn to look after their customers a little better!
JP

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty in locating the hotel and that the issues experienced in your room were a problem for you. Any issues reported to staff are generally dealt with swifty and to meet, if not exceed the expectations of our customers.
I am pleased to hear that you found reception pleasant, the room spacious and that breakfast was to your satisfaction.
I hope that should you choose to stay with us again, we will have the opportunity to provide you with the best possible service.
Best regards

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Situated between the City centre and the docks area (an easy walk to both), this modern hotel is well worth considering.

As it's been open for a couple of years, it is still in good condition. Reception is in a very airy atrium and the staff are friendly & helpful. The adjacent bar area had plenty of soft seating for drinking, relaxing or trying the bar food. However, we were there in January and the bar area was rather cold because it had so many outside glass.

Breakfast was a good buffet.

The rooms are all the same, a double bed and a sofa bed - so be careful if you have booked a Twin as only one of you will have a 'proper' bed. Having said that, I'm told the sofa bed was fine. There are a couple of suites on the top floor with a lounge, big bedroom with a large bed (TV in both). Both rooms have big patio windows out on to a terrace overlooking the excellent redeveloped docks area

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and found the staff friendly and helpful during your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at quite a few Novotels and this one was by far the best. The rooms are lovely, the building itself is really quirky and still has some of its original charm. The pool, sauna and Steam room were lovely we used them most mornings before breakfast. The breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel it was truely amazing.
This hotel is in a good place as its situated about 5-10 mins walk into the shopping centre with lots of shops, bars and restaurants.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Novotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your complementary review. I am delighted that you particularly enjoyed the breakfast and the other areas of the hotel. I will pass onto the staff that along with a previous review, that you also rank the Novotel Cardiff Centre as 'the best Novotel in the world!'. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I use Novotels a lot (as well as many competitor brands). I have no doubt that this one is the most comfortable and friendly of all of them - worldwide. Some of the resort type meay seem impressive but none score so highly on efficiency and staff friendliness. One small winter criticism - rooms can be a little cold on arrival, perhasp saving energy?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and the team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and that you rank us as 'The best Novotel in the world'!. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,