2,387 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daylovely hotelgood sizechanging roomsgreat facilitiescoffee machinereception staffcardiff centreshort break
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My partner and I decided to visit Cardiff from Sunday to Tuesday for a city break. She researched various hotels. We wanted something as close to the centre as possible, with parking facilites, where we could just leave the car if we didn't need it. Some of the central hotels couldn't offer this and NCP prices were something like £25/day !! We chose the Novotel because it appeared just south of the city and north of the quays. (It also had an offer on). It was about a 10 min walk into the centre, (which felt longer due to the gale it was blowing for those 3 days). This got you to John Lewis which is probably the most southern shop of the city centre. Crossing northwards to the castle took another 15mins, but was walked either within a shopping centre, or out amongst the shops, either suited us.
We drove to the quays, and realised that in the windy weather, it would have been 25 mins plus, to get there, so we drove there, both evenings. Parked at the Red Dragon centre, where food was plentiful, together with cinema complex and bowling, etc. If you buy something there, get you parking ticket validated, and then parking is free.
Back to the hotel......
Can't fault it. Staff very friendly and helpful. Spotless. Plenty of car parking spaces but you do have to pay to park there, although you could find spaces on the main road outside, but we decided not to. I believe you have to pay for www in some rooms, but there's 20 mins free sessions in the hotel lobby for guests.
Breakfast was excellent, as was the pool, sauna, etc. Towels provided, etc. £1 for locker use. We didn't use the bar much, or restaurant at all, so can't comment on those.
We would definately go back there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the City of Cardiff and that your stay with us added to this. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Kind regards
Wael Elassal

Reviewed October 13, 2011

A lot nicer than I thought it was going to be.

Parking is easy and well priced for city location.

Hotel is no more than a 5min walk at the most into cardiff.

Room was clean, comfortable and modern.

Food was was good in the bar and the staff were all very happy to help and professional.

The gym is very good for only being small and the pool is very relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards
Wael Elassal

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Booked this hotel 2 months in advance and chosen the executive room..I chose this hotel cause of my good experience of stay in birmingham,love the ipod dock,free internet and unlimited watching film plus the good food.. arrived late around 7pm from Scotland..Went to my room expecting a pleasant stay found out that they put me into standard room,thought they made a mistake as the receptionist never mentioned about it when i checked in i phoned them straight away and ask what is going on, I was explained that the other costumer extended their stay and their is no executive room available till next day ,that she will refund me £10 and 2 free drinks in the bar, with free internet and unlimited film.. I have no choice but to accept the offer and bare the standard room ..next day they transfer me into executive room that seems they rush everything to clean up the room..smell staled pissed in the bathroom and facial tissue was empty , i notice the room wasnt clean properly... I just dont understand how this thing happened while I booked it in advance maybe it made sense because I booked it in advance I paid cheaper than the person who extended their stayed in executive room thats why they give my room away to someone else..the worse part is the receptionist try to get away by not explaining me till i found out and make me look stupid.. degrading and not very nice treatment and experience.. wouldnt come back again..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to contact me on 029 20 475000 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Wael Elassal

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed at the Novotel for a mixture of business and pleasure. Found the hotel very difficult to find and the car park full to bursting when we arrived. Receptionist on duty not that welcoming, although, that did improve. Room was excellent. Breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was very good as well.

Hotel very close to the centre of Cardiff.

Pool looked very good, unfortunately did not get chance to use the facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us overall. I note your comments regarding your arrival and am glad that you enjoyed the remainder for your stay. I hope that on your next visit to Cardiff, we will have the opportunity to provide you with the best all-round service and you will have a chance to enjoy our fantastic Leisure facilities.
Kind regards, Wael Elassal

Reviewed October 1, 2011

A typical chained hotel. 10 min walk to city center and Cardiff Castle.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple