All reviews light box rooms are small david lloyd air con separate shower and toilet bacon roll pod hotel single ticket pod style person staying small gap charging points fitness club absolute bargain plenty of plug sockets great hotel for the price usb ports
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love the idea of simple cheap hotel where you basically just sleeping. In reality it's not even close to place witch i could call good hotel. On arrival we got card to room, easy and quickly. We went to toom to find out room wasn't even cleaned. We back to reception and we were offered different room but then we find out there is no different room for now. So we offered we will leave our bags in room and hang a bit in the bar, so staff will have time to clean room. Staff has offered us a free drinks because of problem. I didn't really bothered about this mistakes happens so we was like.. Not a big deal... But. Room was ready 3 hours later. And when we went to room you could easily see it was really quick "cleaning". I would say they only changed the bed and wioe the toilet. Floor was covered in some sauce, Hair and Dust after previous customers. Im not picky girl but it was very very dirty, these room are such a simply rooms to clean but i couldn't belive of the layer of dust around like few months dust... Another problem was horrible smell from shower. It stinks like pee. No toilet brush so you can imagine how toilet looked after 2 days.

But after such long complaint, must say something good to be fair. Staff is absolutely fantastic, they really trying to do good job, i think all this dirt problem is just lack of staff. Bar is good, prices are super good and quick pizza was very tasty.

So idea is good, but for now I can give only two points. For now i wouldn't come back there but if things would change i would give second chance to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great concept and prices but room wasn't clean on arrival. Toilet hadn't been cleaned and there was litter on the floor. Cleaning in general is a weak spot with littered corridors that weren't cleaned in the 2 nights we were there.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a couple of nights here recently. Rooms are fairly small (similar to university halls accommodation) although there was enough room for everything you need! Great team served us well during our stay. Breakfast for £4 is great for what you get! For the price you can't go wrong!

1  Thank RiiiShaaa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for two nights - Fri and Sat as it was recommended to me. Booking was easy and excellent value for money. I was a bit dubious when the taxi pulled up in an industrial part of Roath - but there is absolutely nothing to worry about as all the staff were friendly on arrival and it was quick and easy. Room was great and had everything that is needed.

There was an eclectic crowd of people staying which was comforting as I was on my own.

Just a tip - the gym next door does a day rate of £12.00 and they have an outdoor pool. Also, if you wanted a full breakfast there is a Morrisons down the road as they have a cafe.

I will definitely come back here again as I have family in the area. Considering the hotels in Cardiff are quite pricey you cannot go wrong.

The taxi from outside the cafe charged me £8.70 to the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank aenert
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

As a weekly business visitor to Cardiff, I was paying ITRO £100.00 a night to stay in a mainstream hotel.
A friend suggested I try the new ZIP hotel, recently opened.

Booked for 2 nights at £23.00 a night (so saving me £154), which over the course of a year will be a fortune!!

On arrival, car park is large, spacious and secure.

Reception very clean, bright and welcoming. The staff (or CREW) were brilliant. I was greeted by a young lady who couldn't have been more pleasant. She advised how the hotel worked and a little of its history etc.

Once checked in I went (with some trepidation) to find my room. Again, very pleasantly surprised. I was under no false impressions it was going to be a 4/5 star hotel room, and was expecting basic:

Small room (but by no means tiny). 2 single beds (perfect for 1 person, I think it may be a squeeze for 2 people). A good sized wall mounted TV on a movable bracket with a good range of Digital channels. Small but adequate Toilet, sink and shower. Plenty of power sockets, 3 hangers. Nowhere to place a suitcase (bar the spare bed). No window as such, but a clever light box which gives the impression of a window. And to top it all off, very good room controllable Air Conn.

The Bar area: Small but functional bar with a limited but ok range of drinks, and you can purchase basic food (Pizza, Nachos etc). The hotel does invite you to use Just Eat (or similar) to order in and eat in the restaurant area (knives / forks etc are provided). Additionally a good number of power sockets if you need to plug in a laptop etc.

Breakfast is a simple affair: £3.95 for a pastry, Bacon (or egg) roll and a drink of your choice, perfect..

Overall, very happy with the hotel and facilities, and I have just booked up for my visits over the coming 3 months.

Well done premier inn, great concept and it works!

• Trip type: Traveled on business