“Premier Inn continues to be good value”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel
Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Decided to take advantage of one of their special offers to have a two night trip to Cardiff. As usual with Premier Inn, really good value for money. As they are all the same you know exactly what you are going to get. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

It is about 15 minute drive out of Cardiff Centre, about £8-9 each way in a taxi, which is not too bad. If you are going to the city centre in the day, consider using the Cardiff East park and ride which is only 5 minutes drive and costs £3 per car ( It does not operate in the evening.

Couple of downsides. We went during the current heatwave and the room was very hot indeed at night. There is no air con. They did provide a fan but this was of limited effectiveness. The wifi and 3G signals were very poor.

It is right next door to a David Lloyd leisure centre, so if you are a member, as we are, take your kit.

No room safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was too far out of Cardiff for me and it was a £20 taxi fare for a round-trip into town and back.
But the hotel itself was great. And the service was wonderful. Whoever manages this hotel should give the staff a pat on the back. I left my coat in the hotel and only realised this hours after checking out and travelling to London. I called the hotel and they said if it was found they'd let me know. A few hours later they emailed to say the coat had been found and they'd post it on. The coat was delivered to my home a few hours before I got back from my trip. Now that is good customer service!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last Sunday for two nights. The welcome when we arrived immediately put me at my ease as I had read on some reviews that the location was less than ideal being on an industrial estate. It is attached to an enormous David Lloyd centre,with ample parking surrounded by trees and shrubs and an almost tranquil atmosphere. The staff at Premier Inn were very friendly and helpful as were the David Lloyd staff at breakfast.The room we were allocated was excellent and it certainly lived up to it's guarantee of a good night's sleep as I slept through a thunderstorm that apparently woke most of Cardiff up! The location was excellent for exploring in and around Cardiff and our thanks to Premier for a most enjoyable short break.

Room Tip: Room 26 overlooks the car park with a view of trees and shrubs. We could hear people arriving and de...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn on/nr Ipswich Road Cardiff,advertised as Premier Inn Roath,
No one in Cardiff recognised it as being in Roath,rather on an industrial estate anout 5 miles outside Cardiff.
Very hard to find and sat nav was of no use due to massive construction in the area.
The rooms were fine and the Staff most helpful,but the only food/drink was in the adjoining David LLoyd Tennis Centre.Draw your own conclusions.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms located near the front door as noise from revellers and smokers can be annoying
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank christuckeruk
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this hotel back in February 2013 for a 2 night stay in July 2013. As I was travelling with my Mum I booked a twin room. We arrived at hotel which was a little bit of a walk from the bus stop but nothing too bad. Checked in and although we didn't get much on an introduction to Premier Inn (no problem as I've stayed in several) we went off to get our room. We opened the door to find 1 double bed and 1 sofa type bed. Ok no really problem. My Mum was happy to have the sofa type bed as it was by the window and the weather was unseasonally warm. She was looking forward to trying out the mattress (she's seen the tv adverts and heard my praises) Sadly, in the morning, she said it was lumpy and not what she expected. We decided not to bother making a complaint as we were only there one more night and we are not really the type of people to make a big fuss of something like this. Anyway on the morning when we checked out, we did mention it to the receptionist who proceeded to give us the whole talk of how ALL Premier Inn twin rooms are like this and that we cannot expect all of the mattresses to be like the ones on the tv as it would cost them a fortune. I know for a fact that not all Premier Inn twin rooms are like this as I've stayed in them in Bristol with a friend and we had 2 twin beds both with the posh mattresses. As we didn't "kick up a stink" the day before she made us feel as if we were the ones in the wrong and she did finally offer us a refund on the 2nd night (again she made us feel like we were out of order to expect both nights refunded) Ok all of that over. When I got home I did decide to email Premier Inn to tell them of this tale expecting some kind of reply. Nothing. So I sent yet another message, again with my reference number and I have still not had any kind of reply 3 weeks later. I am very disappointed with this follow up service

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Hotel is rather difficult to find, partly my problem I came at it from Cardiff instead of the M4, but on leaving found it was one of those funny motorway junctions with only a one way junction with no motorway exit only an entrance.
The staff were most charming and could not do enough the bar man was first class.
The room, at the price, was unbelievable large roomy and so clean I looked and could not find any dirt or dust, clean towels every day, I stayed 3 nights. I will return.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor wonderful nights sleep
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was too hot in the room. Simple as that. Far too hot. This took away all the other good work done by the staff. The trip to breakfast, via the David Lloyd centre, was an interesting route, to say that least..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business