Let’s face it for GBP29 we were not expecting much! In fact were quite worried about our choice. It turned out to be a lovely stay and the cheapest of our five week vacation in the UK. We had a bit of trouble locating the hotel, dropped by another Premier Inn who gave us printed instructions on how to locate the Premier Inn at Roath so guess we were not the first ones to get lost.
The Reception was gloomy but the staff very helpful and welcoming. Our room on the second floor overlooked the car park and a nice avenue of trees. The bedroom was very spacious; it had newly painted walls, an easy chair, TV, offered 30 minutes of free wi-fi, a desk and a comfortable bed. There was no air conditioning but the window opened, there was a fan and thermostat controlled wall heater. The bathroom was excellent and had new tiling. The location and surrounds were quiet and we had a great night’s sleep.
The David Lloyd Leisure Centre, next door, was an easy choice for a drink and a cheap, tasty evening meal. The staff there were friendly and welcoming. They offered the opportunity to use all the facilities at the centre for an excellent daily rate – wish we had been staying long enough to enjoy it.
As we were moving on the next morning we did not take advantage of public transport rather driving into Cardiff CBD a few minutes away. We noticed the Premier Inn in the city centre, it looked very attractive and well located but don’t expect it would be such good value as Roath Premier Inn. This was our first night of seven in South Wales and we were thrilled to have such a cheap, comfortable, friendly introduction to Wales. Yes, would definitely stay here again and recommend it to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're on the road for business or pleasure, the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff (Roath) is a quiet, convenient place to pull in for a pit stop - just off the A48 for easy access into or out of the city. If you're here for the high life you'll have all the shops, sports and show action right on hand. Or if you're focused on work, we're in a great spot for getting to Newport Road, the Welsh Assembly and the city centre. And when it's time for a rest, our spacious rooms and cosy beds will make sure you get a great night's shut eye. Next door to a David Lloyd Leisure Club. Directions: Westbound: M4 (J29) A 48M. Take 3rd slip road For Cardiff (E) docks and Cardiff Bay. Eastbound: M4 (J30) A48M Take 2nd slip road for Cardiff (E) docks and Cardiff Bay. FTurn right at Morrisn's onto Ipswich road, at the road and enter David Llyod Leisure Club car park and follow purple signs for the hotel. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena Events Millennium Stadium Events Cardiff Castle & Tredegar House Cardiff Central Train Station 2.5 miles Cardiff Airport 15 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel Wales