Bunk House
$89
$124
$120
Hotels.com
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$74
$70
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$156
$75
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$98
$48
$239
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfemale dormcommunal areasnoisy at nightstaff were really friendlywi fibeds were comfortablestagsearplugsensuitegigprincipalitycastle
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In the first instance I have to admit that i am not a seasoned veteran when it comes to Hostels so you will have to temper my views accordingly. The place is clean and tidy, reasonable shower facilities too, nowhere near enough toilets for the amount of people staying though. If you want to lie down somewhere and stay awake listening to others getting in and out of bed, coughing, talking, banging around drunk and worse!! and running through the corridors like mad folk then feel free to indulge, we are rugby lads so not exactly shrinking violets but we hated the place, the staff were not very friendly either which didnt help our experience.
I like to give a fair apprasal of everywhere i stay but Im finding it very hard to be complimentary about this place.. my advice is that unless your between 18-25 and have almost zero money for accommodation, then this is the place for you... If you want to swing a cat in your room and sleep for more than 30 seconds.... Stay well clear!!!!

Room Tip: You cant beat this place for location and cost... The rest....you will find it hard not to beat it
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was brought here by a friend last year and absolutely loved it. The decor is beautiful and so different from anything else around. Such a cute little establishment right in the middle of the city. Have been back a few times and would recommend to anyone visiting Cardiff.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the bunkhouse for five nights from Sunday to Friday and was extremely happy with the place, Very welcoming and friendly staff, the guy with dark hair who works nights is fab! The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable , location is ideal for all the city's attractions, I would say that if you are a light sleeper to get some ear plugs as the street outside can get quite noisy with revellers! Fantastic value for money! With a simple but adequate breakfast thrown in I would not hesitate to stay there again! Highly recommended ! Lydia Cheshire, Newquay Cornwall .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Where do i start? On arrival we are met by a pitbull-like manager who was extremely agressive and he didn't even have the decency to greet us appropiately. After the standard check-in process he demanded that he searched our bags! surely a breach of our own privacy. The agressive man emptied all my belongings onto the table on the quest to discover alcohol and maybe narcotics. After being proved wrong he didn't even put all my belongings back into my bag. He designated us a room and once again dished out a threat towards us. He ordered us in an extremely blunt,arrogant and aggresive manner that if we were to make noise passed 9pm he would charge us more money. I quickly scarpered up the stairs, relieved that i had escaped the pitbull without any injuries. I hoped for better things when opening the door to my sleeping area. Before i could even digest the Aesthetics of the room, i was hit by a horrific stench that made my stomach turn. I made a quick scan of the room and i already deduced that the room hadn't been cleaned in days. The bathroom facilities wasn't fit for cattle in all honesty. Trying to stay positive my friends and i went to checkout the nightlife in Cardiff. In all honestry the hostel couldn't be in a better positions, it was a stones throw away from all the hotspots. After the night out we returned to the hostel. On our return we came across yet another angry and aggresive member of staff. Who spoke to us in such a disrespectful way. Multiple times this member of staff told us to "Shut The Hell Up". The stairs to the room offered me a revitalising escape from the "Reception of Fire". The gut-wrenching stench was still apparent. Lying down on the "stone-like" matress, i was unable to get a bit of shut eye due to the external noise from the streets of Cardiff. And not to mention the aggresively irritating bed sheets which were covered in what i hoped to be coffee stains. The breakfeast was the light at the end of the tunnel for me. Yet, there wasn't even an option of a glass of orange juice or water. The aggresive manager barked at us that there was only 5 minutres left of breakfeast. Happily i proceeded to checkout. However, the manager blatantly knowing we were waiting for him, took his time clearing away breakfeast and quite simply ignoring the fact we were waiting to leave.
I strongly advise anyone to stay clear of this place. And also advise the manager and his staff to take a severe reality check and read the hospitality code of conduct. Utterly shocking! Much better value going to a Travelodge etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rodger W
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would strongly advise anyone staying in Cardiff not to stay here. Although the hostel is situated in a good location that is as far as it goes for its positives. As I rang the doorbell to be allowed in I was holding a 6 inch subway sandwich, however when I was greeted I was told I had to wait outside and finish the snack; as though I was some sort of animal. Once finished I was then checked in by an overtly rude receptionist who clearly had no desire to forgo a welcoming first impression. Once in to my room I gave the beds an initial check, only to quickly find several long curly hair strands, I was told however that the beds were changed regularly. After experiencing the nightlife I returned to my room to rest for the night however this was never likely to happen, the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and the pillow practically useless, my sweater ended up being a wiser choice. The seemingly paper-thin walls and windows allowed for plentiful noise pollution to engulf the room, further reducing my ability to sleep. Finally after a wretched night I looked forward to some breakfast, by now I wasn't expecting much so the toast and bran flakes wasn't a surprise however I was astonished to find that the price didn't even allow for a small glass of juice or water. From here I proceeded to check out where I stood for at least 5 minutes before one of the ignorant and quite honestly lazy staff decided to stroll over from the bar after being asked by another member of the group. Only to tell us that we were not allowed to check out until all members of the 8 strong group were here at the same time as they did not have personal information, rendering the scanning of ID upon arrival useless. All in all from the moment I checked in I was looking forward to the moment I checked out. Pathetic.

Room Tip: Not room 8
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends