“Very busy! Nice cocktails though (if you can afford them!)”
Review of TGI Friday

TGI Friday
Ranked #490 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In St Davids shopping centre
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very busy! Nice cocktails though (if you can afford them!)”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Overall it's a really busy place and expensive food with american decor. The staff are nice and do everything they can to help, one guy in particular seemed to really like what he did and even made me a cocktail that wasn't on the menu (it tasted like a Solero and was yummy).

The food was a bit too spicy for my taste, a few others with us commented on this too.

• Visited January 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Dinner did not match the occasion!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It had been a long time since I had eaten at TGIs but decided as it was NYEve and I was in the city centre with my partner, we would give it a go. We only had a short wait at the bar for a table but during that time I managed to cover my sweater in food waste that was on the bar counter leaving sticky marks on the sweater. Not a good start . We ordered from their special menu which at 19.99 for 3 courses represented excellent value. Our server, soraya was very pleasant. Starters were good and plentiful but it took ages to clear our finished plates. When our main courses came, the food was only warm, the chips looked like they had been lying around in the chip dump, the onion rings were very dark in color and had been cooked incorrectly and my burger was on the cold side. My food was sent back as were the onion rings but my wife decided to accept her dish but did mention this to the server. When my burger returned it was the way it should have been, in fact it was very good, shame they couldn't get it right first time around. We ordered desserts and our brownie came out as a piece of fudge cake, they had run out! The server however didn't point this out to us, maybe she was hoping we wouldn't notice. Never the less the fudge cake was good but not what we ordered. I went to wash my hands after dinner to find no soap in any of the dispensers, one dispenser was of the tiles, and then the hand drier wasn't working. The duty manager Danielle reduced our bill without asking to a satisfactory level which we paid. I think it will be some time before I chance visiting again. Sorry Fridays but it wasn't good enough.

• Visited December 2012
Newport, United Kingdom
“Terrible meal”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Serve typical american food,they got our order wrong,waited a long time for our food to arrive which was ok,nothing out of the ordinary.Visited only once,wouldn't go back.

Visited July 2012
Newport gwent uk
“Great for the kids”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

It's never going to win foodie awards, but it's a good standard and above a the kids really enjoy it. It's quite expensive but then again you can't put a price on the kids being happy, I always enjoy the good and atmosphere, great entertainment

cardiff
“never again”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food not up to much service not that good all in all not the best place to eat ok for a drink and maybe a snack but not for a meal

Visited May 2012