“Cafe Atma- great place”
Review of Atma Cafe - CLOSED

Atma Cafe
Description: It's a cafe which serves a selection of vegetarian and vegan meals and cakes as well as a nice selection of hot drinks and fresh fruit smoothies.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went there with my husband last Saturday as I saw the photos of their donuts on Facebook and had to have one immediately. We arrived about 11 and the donuts were not ready so had some drinks. I had the best hot chocolate I’ve ever drank with soya milk, my husband had a soya latte. I also ordered a slice of pineapple and coconut cake which I ate on the Sunday (delicious). The service was amazing and the 2 men who work there are lovely.
Another couple had a meal which looked lovely and we will be back to try their savoury dishes. We were going to go yesterday but unfortunately a family emergency meant we couldn’t, but we will soon.

Oh and the donuts were amazing!

1  Thank Lomobrew3000

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Cafe Atma made our day in Cardiff a couple of weeks back. We had looked up a nice veggie place in town but had failed to check the opening times, so when we finally arrived it was just about to close. Nonetheless the two friendly guys working there were happy to serve us the most delicious and reasonably priced food even after closing times. They were happy to chat a bit and when we left they made us try their new vegan ice cream creations which were fantastic.

An absolutely perfect place to have healthy food and be served by really kind people. Especially as a vegan this place is heaven.

Go there!

2  Thank SonjaFeuerhaar
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Really lovely cafe with very friendly staff. The food is unusual but really delicious and very reasonably priced. I had a chapatti wrap filled with curried potatoes and peas, the portion was massive and it was really tasty. Really relaxing atmosphere. The menu is a bit difficult to negotiate for kids, but the staff were more than eager to put something together for my 6 year old that wasn't too spicy - i didn't even have to ask they suggested something to suit him. I will definitely be going back and telling all my friends to visit.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

With a selection of largely Mediterranean or middle-east inspired paninis/wraps and excellent cakes, Café Atma certainly offers some very tasty food to eat in or take away. What sets it apart though is the super friendly and genuine service that more than make up for its unfortunate position on a busy road.

10% student discount is available (though we managed to forget, d'ohh!) and prices are reasonable anyway (£3.95 for a hearty wrap/sandwich with side salad, roughly £1-2.50 for cookies/cakes).

We will definitely be returning - to try their all-you-can-eat Atma special curry or perhaps a veggie burger and wedges. Highly recommended.

1  Thank g m
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would have given Atma an excellent review before they changed their menu recently - it used to be excellent value with a limited but well-polished menu that anyone can enjoy, non-veggies included. Rather than chickpea burgers and the Atma Special - a big serving of curried vegetables with paneer and rice - they now have overly spicy paninis (which are not made with ciabatta) and watery dahl. The price has gone up, too. The saving graces of Cafe Atma are that, as always, their service is good - the people there are lovely - and their Mississippi Mud Cake is possibly the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten, and amazingly it is vegan. On that basis I give Atma an average rating - go there for that cake if nothing else!

1  Thank Amy M