“Good food & music.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CafeJAZZ

CafeJAZZ
Ranked #209 of 1,210 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: CaféJAZZ is Cardiff's leading jazz, blues and food venue. As its name suggests, CaféJAZZ is an establishment founded on a love of hosting the best jazz sounds new and old, local and international. At CaféJAZZ you can be sure of a warm welcome, friendly and high quality service and delicious food at good prices - and all of this whilst enjoying live performances from some of the world's finest jazz musicians. The CaféJAZZ venue is situated in the heart of one of the liveliest and youngest capital cities in Europe, and its intimate size lets you feel close to the action. So call in and enjoy!
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food & music.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Friendly staff, efficient service, starters & main meals particularly good. Live jazz music which started at 9pm added to the atmosphere. Excellent value for money, will definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2013
owner123, Manager at CafeJAZZ, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
I am really pleased that you have enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you again

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good music Terrible Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

THis is great concept but it is heavily let down by the quality of the food. The starters range from £6 and main to £16.95 so you may expect a reasonable quality but it fails to impress. I have been here twice and the food is nigh on inedible. I eat because I have paid for it. I won't eat here again. The music however varies but is generally very good. It starts around 10pm.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I must admit I am shocked and disappointed that you have not enjoyed our food.
It is very rare for us to receive complaints. The two main chefs have been here a long time and so we usually remain consistent. I would be grateful if you could e-mail me your details to mm@cafejazzcardiff.com so I can talk to you and see if there is anything we can do to get you to try us again.
Malaysia
“Good food with warm & friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had just arrived into Cardiff and was still trying to get our bearings right, and stumbled upon Cafe Jazz. The menu board outside the Cafe helped us in our decision-making on a venue for lunch. We were pleased with our decision the moment we stepped into the restaurant. It had a very warm and lovely ambience. Staff were very friendly and service was great. Most importantly, the food was delicious !! Really enjoyed our meal here :)

• Visited June 2013
owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your review.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
Hopefully we will welcome you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Worth popping in for a quick lunch on a Saturday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Visited Cardiff with friends at a weekend and after shopping and walking round the city centre we were ready for a late lunch at 2.30 - we wanted a quick lunch - and saw the signs for Cafe Jazz on the pavement so wandered in. After a short wait at the bar we were shown our table at the back of the restaurant. We ordered panini's and jacket potatoes although we could have had starters and a more substantial main course if we'd wanted it. food was great value and nicely presented. A nice glass of chilled Rose went down well. Service was ok, it wasn't particularly busy and we'd consider going back.

• Visited May 2013
owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to post a review on this website.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed yourselves.
Hopefully we will welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards, Mireillle
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Sat outside in the sun last summer and had a tasty bite which was good value. Staff were very efficient and helpful. I walked off leaving my mobile phone on the seat and within the hour the owner contacted a friend who got a message to me to call back and collect it. I was very appreciative of their honesty and their efforts to trace me. Thanks a lot and I would recommend the Jazz Cafe to anyone - its a cool place.

• Visited July 2012
owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your time at Cafejazz.
We do our best to trace down customers who have left items behind. As a person who has lost a mobile phone in a taxi myself I know what a horrible feeling it is. Therefore I am delighted that I managed to help in this happy outcome.
Hopefully we will welcome you again soon.