“Fine n Friendly”

Ranked #169 of 1,326 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CaféJAZZ is Cardiff's leading jazz, blues and food venue. As its name suggests, CaféJAZZ is an establishment founded on a love of hosting the best jazz sounds new and old, local and international. At CaféJAZZ you can be sure of a warm welcome, friendly and high quality service and delicious food at good prices - and all of this whilst enjoying live performances from some of the world's finest jazz musicians. The CaféJAZZ venue is situated in the heart of one of the liveliest and youngest capital cities in Europe, and its intimate size lets you feel close to the action. So call in and enjoy!
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Friendly bar staff and you get a discount in Cafe Jazz if you are staying at the Sandringham Hotel

owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am glad we have served you correctly.
The resident discount is excellent so I am glad you have taken advantage of this.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Real Ale and Real Music! So rare these days to find live jazz to listen to.

Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed yourselves and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have over the last 7 years spent a considerable time in cafe jazz. The nice thing is that you can bring our own wine, yes a corkage fee is charged. Well kept Rev James is served. And most nights live Jazz is played from very accomplished to university groups having to perform in public as part of course work. The place was packed that night.

Chef has been there for ever, and changes a limited, but interesting menu regularly.

The decor is a little dated, but in the current financial climate, this is only to be expected.
And adds to the atmosphere

owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you very much for lovely review and I hope that we will welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

They get high class bands at a very good price. Check online to see who is on during your visit. We time visits to Cardiff to catch good acts.

2  Thank Lewis_the_Barman
owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to see you again
Kind regards
Mireille

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I already reviwed this restaurant, which is downstairs from the Sandrigham hotel (also great, check my review!).
Right in Cardiff city centre, this restaurant, that calls itself cafe, though it's much better...is a great place to have lunch, dinner or even a late evening, thanks to the well renownewd jazx/blues players performing here regularly.
It offers a wide menu, but you'd be hard pressed to spend over a temner(steaks) and manage to finish it all...
If you stay at the Sandrigham hotel upstairs you get a 20% discount as well!
A family run business, it has charming, friendly and helpful staff...they looked after my suitcase and brought it back to my table after I had gone outside for a smoke (tables also available on rhe pavement, great to enjoy in the good weather...)
I only paid aboit a fiver for a big cheese and mushrooms omelette, baked potato and generous salad (not just a couple of leaves,,I mean lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion,....)
The waiter/barman couldnt be more helpful and efficient, and nothing seemed to be too much trouble...Thank you so much for the welcome I received throughout my stay. I hope I can visit Cardiff again in the near future and this lovely establishment again.
Coming from London of course the only snag is that rail travel is rather pricey, but if you can book well in advance with Trainline, or use National Express coaches then it will be well worth it!!!!
Thanks again Sandrigham Hotel and CafeJAZZ! X Cristina, London

owner123, Owner at CafeJAZZ, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

You are more than welcome. We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed CaféJAZZ as well.
We hope to see you again
Kind regards