“great night”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“great night”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wow what a great night food was outstanding and plenty of it .we had a table for 4 and was well looked after .the staff were very good and you must try a cocktail their brill all in all one of the best meals we ever had will be returning very soon

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
wales
“Very good indeed for a chain restaurant”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was my birthday week so we were doing the restaurant rounds - determined to fit as many different cuisines into the week. This was restaurant number 4 having done Japanese, Caribbean, and Chinese it was time for Mexican! Definitely a good choice! We had 3 starters to share - spicy chicken wings, gumbas and quesadilla - all delicious. For mains I had the steak strip fajita and hubby had the extraordinary ximxim - if I go again i'll go for the xixm xim, as that was really lovely (creamy and sweet - loved the coconut).
Definitely a really nice place to visit. It was quiet when we were there as it was a Monday evening but I reckon on a busy evening this place rocks. Great decor and some cracking cocktails too. Next visit to the Bay we'll be back!

• Visited September 2013
Llangybi, United Kingdom
“carabean”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A fabulous choice on the menu, very hard to choose but what we had was excellent and looking at some of the other plates of food being served it all looked good.

Visited July 2013
“Best food in Cardiff”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Always receive good food, drink and service here hence why we keep returning! Our latest visit was on a weekday evening and despite the bar being quiet and the restaurant fairly quiet there was a good atmosphere there - and plenty of great cocktails to choose from. To start we shared some nachos with chilli - generous portion size with plenty of salsa, spur cream and guacamole. To follow my friend opted for the pollo caruru which was very tasty with just the right amount of kick to it - the chicken was well cooked and very tender. After changing my mind several times after eyeing up the fajitas being served at the next table I chose the camarao de calabaza - prawns in a delicious tomato, chilli and cheesy sauce served in a butternut squash, with a whole king prawn on the top. Top marks for presentation and taste - best meal i have had in Cardiff for a long time. It was tasty and plentiful - can't wait to return to have this again! Nothing was jumping out at us from the desert menu so we forego this for another round of cocktails.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“looking forward t o our next visit!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently visited las Iguanas and were very pleased with our night. We arrived quite early and the restaurant was fairly quiet. We sat at the bar and had a few cocktails but by the time and hour or two had passed the place was very very busy! With a variety of different people dining. The restaurant itself was clean, tidy and inviting. The staff also very friendly and helpful. The cocktails were on buy one get one free which is a fab deal. The cocktails were also very very nice, not like a lot of the rubbish you get from other bars. In saying this we had a guy serving us the majority of the night, but on the last cocktail a girl served us and the cocktail was disgusting and tasted nothing like the previous. but thats a minor thing and would not put me off going back. The food was delicious, average prices with a descent sized portion and super tasty . I also have to mention that i absoluetly loved the toilets here, they were so cute! and clean with bright pink and purple. My boyfriend thought i was mad when i showed him the photos i had taken of the bathroom but i havent seen toilets like these before. I would recommend anybody visits this restaurant and i dont think anybody would be dissapointed. Its a great location fairly priced with tasty food and drink. The only one critisicm i do have is at the bar you can order drinks and tapas. I was feeling a bit peckish after my cocktails an we were not quite ready for our evening meal. patatas bravas were not on the tapas menu at the bar but they were in the restaurant menu as a side order. When trying to order these at the bar we were told it couldnt be done as they were not a tapas dish and could only be served in the seated dining area. i thought this was completley stupid as they are a tapas dish and i didnt really see what difference it made. but this was the only downfall and it would not put me off visiting again.

1 Thank chickaboo2912