“Best food in Cardiff”

Las Iguanas Cardiff Bay
Ranked #37 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best food in Cardiff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Always receive good food, drink and service here hence why we keep returning! Our latest visit was on a weekday evening and despite the bar being quiet and the restaurant fairly quiet there was a good atmosphere there - and plenty of great cocktails to choose from. To start we shared some nachos with chilli - generous portion size with plenty of salsa, spur cream and guacamole. To follow my friend opted for the pollo caruru which was very tasty with just the right amount of kick to it - the chicken was well cooked and very tender. After changing my mind several times after eyeing up the fajitas being served at the next table I chose the camarao de calabaza - prawns in a delicious tomato, chilli and cheesy sauce served in a butternut squash, with a whole king prawn on the top. Top marks for presentation and taste - best meal i have had in Cardiff for a long time. It was tasty and plentiful - can't wait to return to have this again! Nothing was jumping out at us from the desert menu so we forego this for another round of cocktails.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
“looking forward t o our next visit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently visited las Iguanas and were very pleased with our night. We arrived quite early and the restaurant was fairly quiet. We sat at the bar and had a few cocktails but by the time and hour or two had passed the place was very very busy! With a variety of different people dining. The restaurant itself was clean, tidy and inviting. The staff also very friendly and helpful. The cocktails were on buy one get one free which is a fab deal. The cocktails were also very very nice, not like a lot of the rubbish you get from other bars. In saying this we had a guy serving us the majority of the night, but on the last cocktail a girl served us and the cocktail was disgusting and tasted nothing like the previous. but thats a minor thing and would not put me off going back. The food was delicious, average prices with a descent sized portion and super tasty . I also have to mention that i absoluetly loved the toilets here, they were so cute! and clean with bright pink and purple. My boyfriend thought i was mad when i showed him the photos i had taken of the bathroom but i havent seen toilets like these before. I would recommend anybody visits this restaurant and i dont think anybody would be dissapointed. Its a great location fairly priced with tasty food and drink. The only one critisicm i do have is at the bar you can order drinks and tapas. I was feeling a bit peckish after my cocktails an we were not quite ready for our evening meal. patatas bravas were not on the tapas menu at the bar but they were in the restaurant menu as a side order. When trying to order these at the bar we were told it couldnt be done as they were not a tapas dish and could only be served in the seated dining area. i thought this was completley stupid as they are a tapas dish and i didnt really see what difference it made. but this was the only downfall and it would not put me off visiting again.

1 Thank chickaboo2912
Perth, United Kingdom
“Loved the Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

There is a great selection of food and the service was excellent.

Only comment to make was I was given my starter and main at the same time.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice atmosphere if a little noisy. Was very pleased that they sqeezed us in as they were packed! Food was great, though a little expensive, we thought.

Visited August 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Went with my partner for a meal we loved it both said its properly our favourite meal in a long time. Great atmosphere and music, cocktails were about £6.20 we had the tacos to share for a starter there was a lot for the two if us enough for four people really really enjoyed them. Partner had a beef burrito which he really enjoyed and I had a peanut chicken curry which was very nice. We will defiantly be back.

• Visited October 2013