“Shocking”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #871 of 1,225 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of a national chain.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went in for a meal to celebrate a birthday with family, first off, my 89 year old grandmother was expected to get up on and sit on a stool for the entire night and weren't allowed to swap tables as too many of us.

Food took so long and came out staggered, some of the food was sent back for being frozen in the middle and the pesto salmon I had was terribly overcooked, took the longest out of them all and wasn't worth the wait. No apology from staff or any knowledge with how to deal with a complaint of cold food.

Altogether an absolutely shocking meal, I personally would've preferred to go hungry instead. Never going back

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SamDumont

Tonteg, Pontypridd
“Rubbish”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Just processed rubbish slop, nothing much else to say really. The waitresses are ok, it's not their fault the food is awful!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lmcm61
“No change”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Well foolishly went again and wished we never. Took an eternity for just the drinks and not that busy and they were wrong same for the food waited to long and wrong order and not cooked properly. Cut along story short definitely will not be going back fair enough they did apologize but my money my health . These franchises do not realizes how to keep customers and hope the name keeps bringing in the mugs well this mug will not be back.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank UPTOYOUSouthWales
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food, terrible service!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have visited F+B's a few times but this experience was dreadful. What started out as a celebratory lunch with my son, ended up with us being so miserable we just wanted to get home!
Seated quickly and order for drinks taken at once. Shown the menus, we chose the £12.95 two course lunch menu, (we ended up having three). It was quite quiet which was just as well as there was only one server on. One person behind the bar and two cooking. Starters were brought in a timely manner so were the mains, however, now it was starting to get busy and obviously more staff would be needed, no one showed! We ate our meals and after 30mins, no one had returned to clear the table, check if it was ok or ask if we wanted desserts, finally someone else came and took the plates, he returned 5 mins later with the dessert menu. After another 10mins, someone finally came to take our order. I did say that we had been waiting 30+ minutes. He identified himself as the assistant/junior manager. He apologised and said he would bring us refills (coke and lemonade) and not charge us, we were happy with this. He took our dessert order and it was delivered some 7 mins later. We ate the desserts, no sign of the free refills, We got the bill and the person who took payment asked if everything was ok, suddenly, the AM returned and said, oh sorry I forgot your drinks. I said not to bother as were were leaving (we had been there over 2 hours) and would not be back. They did not offer to deduct the drinks we had from our bill!
Absolutely apalling service.
The food- I have attached pics (my son let me as it was MY day!) We both enjoyed the food, the bacon and chicken wrap was really delicious. But not nice enough to return. Looking at some of the reviews on here, it appears that it is a recurring thing. F+B management should beware as there are plenty of places to eat that offer much better service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank msna
ebbw vale, wales, uk
“Great food at value prices!! Superb”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The lunchtime 3 course menu with never ending drinks just cannot be beaten! The quality of the food and variety on the set menu just cannot be faulted! We love it! Unfortunately, can't go as much as we'd like in the afternoons. I wish they'd extend this menu till 18:30hrs and we would go every week!!!!!!

Visited August 2013