“Birthday treat”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #858 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Part of a national chain.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visited F+ B in Cardiff Bay for my daughter's 10th birthday and had a really good time. My daughter was made to feel really special by Cheryl our waitress, who couldn't have been more attentive.
The food was a little on the pricey side but there was plenty of it and it was tasty and served quickly.,
I would defiinitley return - it was a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Helen A

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Took our son here for his birthday this week...
I hate the place anyway, poor quality food at inflated prices IMO, but my wife insists on coming year after year simply because they bring a cake out, dim the lights and play happy birthday... woohoo!

it was only about half full and there seemed to be plenty of staff milling about...
Seated and ordered..
but... starters took almost 40mins to appear..
then once eaten it was another 20min or so before they were even cleared..
then another 20-25mins for our main courses to be served...
And why is it everywhere you eat with children they bring out the adult meals first and leave the kids til last, should be the other way round...

I paid £13.45 for bbq chicken skewers, and it was two tiny skewers of chicken and peppers, laid on a tiny portion of fries... it looked like a starter, it wouldnt have filled my 7yr old daughter..
I always come out of here feeling hungrier than I went in....

I dread to think how long you wait for your food when they are full??

1  Thank misterbarlow
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Popped in for a quick lunch on the way to a concert at the Millennium Stadium. Shown to a table and then left for 15 minutes before the waitress showed up. Placed order with a totally disinterested waitress and then waited 45 minutes for our lunch to arrive - hardly a difficult order, burger and a pasta.
Food was no better than average and on paying the bill was not asked if it was ok - simply took the cash and walked off.
Quite the worst F&B I have ever been in.

1  Thank elland1
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were a group of 14 seated by 7.30 as booked and coming out at after 10.00 because of slow service.
Despite a good number of chefs working in the open view kitchen the food was very average. Don't bother with the frozen fish and chips, small and tasteless, they should have got it from the nearby M & S. The gigantic meatballs were stone cold and when taken back to the kitchen took nearly 20 minutes to reappear.
The pasta dishes were quite bland despite the menu description, and I made mine taste of something by adding some ketchup.
We all put into the kitty what we owed and couldn't make it the same total as the restaurant. We then saw that a 10% service charge had been added and asked for this to be removed. When the bill came back it hadn't been removed, so we removed it and paid. Everyone on our table was renamed GUY for the night, whether we wanted to be or not.
As this was our first visit two of us will return using our Vouchercloud vouchers to try this restaurant again, and will keep you posted.

1  Thank Tommo47
Reviewed July 14, 2013

All I can say in short, is not to ever go to one of these restaurants! Taken 1 and a half hours in empty restaurant to even have a starter with no communication from staff! Over priced and poor service

2  Thank Zippywelsh