“Needs work”

and up
'Doctor Who' TV Locations Tour of Cardiff
Ranked #25 of 48 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Bus and walking tours of filming locations in Cardiff including Amy Pond’s village, Coal Hill School, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff Bay and much more.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The tour consisted of getting on and off a bus at different locations that episodes of Dr Who have been filmed at for over three hours....YAWN! With the exception of Castle Coch and the beautiful Llandaff Cathedral......a long and tedious afternoon.

1  Thank Carole W
lswan72, Owner at Brit Movie Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear it did not live up to your expectations. However a bus tour is in essence getting on a off a bus to see the locations.

This is clear in the tour description on our website that you would have seen at the time of booking.

We have many customers who have very much enjoyed this tour as you can see from our other reviews.

Kind regards,

in 25 reviews
"stills"
"van"

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I absolutely loved the tour! Truly worth every penny spent. Matt is a lovely guide who has lots of anecdotes about the filming of the show, seeing as he's even been an extra on set from time to time. He's got a great sense of humour as well.
The tour lasted about 3h40, although it got a bit rushed at the end, because we were all wanting to get back home before the show's premiere.Otherwise, I think it would have lasted a good 4h! Most of this is spent walking around, so come prepared with water and some snacks.

The tour basically takes you to the main locations that appear on Doctor Who, Matt has pictures of the relevant episodes and there are also clips from the series on the bus. Main locations included the cemetery where Victorian Clara gets buried, Sarah Jane's house, the place where Rose's dad died, locations from Angels take Manathan, the Ponds' village ( where we got to reenact the Doctor and Amy's reunion, twelve years later), the castle from the Vampires of Venice, Rose's apartment block and much more!

I really think this is a must for any self respecting Doctor Who fan. I went on my own because none of my friends like Doctor Who, but still enjoyed it a lot and even made some new friends :)

1  Thank ValerieIM

Thanks for the great review - I will pass the feedback on to Matt.

Kind regards,

Lewis Swan
Managing Director

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just wanted to pass along a commendation for the Doctor Who tour and especially for Matt Jay, our tour guide. We had the private tour on January 23; and from what I understand, it was the first such tour to come with snow! I was still able to take hundreds of pictures, and Matt was wonderful about braving the weather to make sure our tour was complete. I would have been so disappointed if I could not have seen "Bad Wolf Bay;" and I was very grateful that we could do so without the worries of renting a car, learning to drive on the "other" side of the road, and so on.

I had very high expectations of our this tour, and Matt exceeded them in all aspects. We will be watching all of our Doctor Who DVD's again and looking for the scenes in which he appears. He was wonderful about answering all of our questions, and Rocky was an outstanding driver in the most inclement conditions.

1  Thank JKort3
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Matt was an amazing tour guide. We could not have had a better time. He really made my husband’s 60th birthday a smashing success. Somehow, being at all of the locations really made Doctor Who that much more fun for us. Matt has been in several episodes and was willing to act out scenes with us. He was just marvelous! You’re doing yourself a disservice if you pass up a Doctor Who tour with Matt at the helm!

1  Thank cwscats