“An incredible experience for rediscovering Doctor Who, and for discovering Whales as well :)”
Review of Brit Movie Tours

and up
'Doctor Who' TV Locations Tour of Cardiff
Ranked #23 of 45 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Bus and walking tours of filming locations in Cardiff including Amy Pond’s village, Coal Hill School, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff Bay and much more.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I absolutely loved the tour! Truly worth every penny spent. Matt is a lovely guide who has lots of anecdotes about the filming of the show, seeing as he's even been an extra on set from time to time. He's got a great sense of humour as well.
The tour lasted about 3h40, although it got a bit rushed at the end, because we were all wanting to get back home before the show's premiere.Otherwise, I think it would have lasted a good 4h! Most of this is spent walking around, so come prepared with water and some snacks.

The tour basically takes you to the main locations that appear on Doctor Who, Matt has pictures of the relevant episodes and there are also clips from the series on the bus. Main locations included the cemetery where Victorian Clara gets buried, Sarah Jane's house, the place where Rose's dad died, locations from Angels take Manathan, the Ponds' village ( where we got to reenact the Doctor and Amy's reunion, twelve years later), the castle from the Vampires of Venice, Rose's apartment block and much more!

I really think this is a must for any self respecting Doctor Who fan. I went on my own because none of my friends like Doctor Who, but still enjoyed it a lot and even made some new friends :)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ValerieIM
lswan72, Owner at Brit Movie Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks for the great review - I will pass the feedback on to Matt.

Kind regards,

Lewis Swan
Managing Director

Boyne City, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Private Doctor Who Tour”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just wanted to pass along a commendation for the Doctor Who tour and especially for Matt Jay, our tour guide. We had the private tour on January 23; and from what I understand, it was the first such tour to come with snow! I was still able to take hundreds of pictures, and Matt was wonderful about braving the weather to make sure our tour was complete. I would have been so disappointed if I could not have seen "Bad Wolf Bay;" and I was very grateful that we could do so without the worries of renting a car, learning to drive on the "other" side of the road, and so on.

I had very high expectations of our this tour, and Matt exceeded them in all aspects. We will be watching all of our Doctor Who DVD's again and looking for the scenes in which he appears. He was wonderful about answering all of our questions, and Rocky was an outstanding driver in the most inclement conditions.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JKort3
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Private Tour of Doctor Who Locations”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Matt was an amazing tour guide. We could not have had a better time. He really made my husband’s 60th birthday a smashing success. Somehow, being at all of the locations really made Doctor Who that much more fun for us. Matt has been in several episodes and was willing to act out scenes with us. He was just marvelous! You’re doing yourself a disservice if you pass up a Doctor Who tour with Matt at the helm!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank cwscats
Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Private Dr Who tour”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wanted to say a BIG thank you (Britmovietours) for making my husband Ben happy on this private tour. Matt is a BRILLIANT guide and as we are first deaf couple he showed us around, he had done a wonderful job. Few times Matt was trying to talk to Ben when Ben was looking at pictures that Matt showed him, I told Ben to look at Matt as he was trying to talk to him. Ben apologised. Bless him (Matt, I mean). Money was worth spent. I would recommend Matt to anyone who want to go on private tour.

Ben want to go again next year and hopefully we will have Matt as a guide.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Anna T
Roanoke, Virginia
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was a fantastic tour! Our guide, Matt, was knowledgeable and made it fun. He was also super sweet and helped a few of us get a place to watch the season premiere. Of my entire UK/Ireland trip, this was one of the best things to happen. The reenactments on location were super cute and made us feel like we were in the show! This is definitely a must do for any Whovian who goes to Cardiff. Aside from the lovely Doctor Who things, it gave us a chance to see outside of the city and has solidified my want of visiting again. It's also a great way to meet other people. My friend and I were traveling alone and got to meet some fun people our age to hang out with.

Visited September 2012