“Reasonably good food, overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #172 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Reasonably good food, overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The sort of place I visit if it's on expenses, or if someone else is paying. Whatever you have - an evening meal always works out at about £35, which is on the steep side for what you get.

Sadly, the prices keep some people away, and on occasions when the rest of the Bay is busy, Wagamana can be almost empty. This is something they need to review.

The menus are hard to figure out - not a clear explanation of what you're going to get, but service is always fast & friendly. I recommend chicken matsuri curry with a chilli squid side / starter, and an Ichiban beer to wash it down! Their ice-cream is pretty good to finish it all off, too!

Amazing views over Roald Dahl Plass & the Bay.

• Visited July 2013

Barry, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not sure what we expected before we ate here but we were pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to going again as there are several things we want to try.

Visited August 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great main terrible starter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate in wagamma for first time on weekend .. The service was good and my main course of pad Thai was tasty and a decent portion . Unfortunately the starter of beef lettuce wrap was a real let down 5.95 for about 6 chunks of meat was overpriced ..(see pic ) I would go again for lunch as I enjoyed the main ..... But not a fan of the seating which I know is standard ... When I'm parting with 40 for two for lunch I like to sit in abut of comfort and less school canteen ... Great main , poor atmosphere

• Visited June 2013
Surrey
“Very convenient for Millenium Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This restaurant was new to me. I chose it because it was off street level, and I wanted a calm place to eat my lunch! Waiter most helpful in guiding me around the menu - I am a vegetarian - but plenty of choices. Loved it.

Visited June 2013
cheltenham
“Easy going Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

With so many restaurants after your business this one didn't disappoint on the day.
The same relaxed bench style eating with freshly prepared dishes,and some new additions to tempt you.
I went for the new mixed ramen dish, BBQ chicken,roast pork,prawns, mussels in a Mizo broth, a subtle blend of flavours.
A great menu with so much to choose from and to finish a fantastic frozen yogurt selection.
A nice view of the harbour building.

• Visited May 2013