“Fabulous service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I had a meal last Sunday in this restaurant. We had the best service ever in a TGI
The food was good as well. We had pre drinks then we had to wait 15 mins. We had a lovely girl take us to our table the our waitress arrived what a lovely lady Cheryl was her name. She was so pleasant with every body and knew what she was doing. we have had some bad meals in some of the TGI restaurants but this is one of the best, and we will return.

There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

waited for over 10 minutes to be seated at the door and we still wernt seated. by then me and friend didn't know what to do so we say on a table near the bar. 4 members of staff walked passed us and saw us but still didn't say anything or for us any menus! after 20 minutes of trying to get a waitresses attention I went to a waitress at the till and asked for a couple of menus and she said she'll be 2 mins and she'll bring them over. so after sitting back down we waited yet another 10 minutes and she bought nothing over! I approached the woman at the bar who wasn't even serving food but it seemed like she was the only one who had any sort of customer service! she took our drink orders and have is the menus after a couple of minutes she brought is the drinks. as no one told us that we had to order at the bar I asked a waiter if we could order and he just replied with didn't you know you had to order at the bar? it a very sarcastically manor. by this time I knew that they were certainly not getting a tip from us. however after the food came (after 40 mins of waiting!!!!) it was very delicious if the service was better I would of enjoyed this a lot more. I do suggest as well that they don't put air conditioning on when in - degrees outside, I was wearing a massive coat the whole time!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had to leave a comment as the food at TGI's is always great. It may not be the cheapest but after a long week at work a weekend visit to TGI's is a great experience and the cocktails are delicious.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Although 22 of us were in for the birthday meal at the Newport Rd TGI's, the attitude of most of the staff was as if we were putting them out. We did have one helpful member of staff, a young lad whose name I did not get. But the rest left a lot to be desired, especially the particularly unhelpful guy behind the bar, his attitude stunk.
The food, well it was ok, but had to wait over a hour for what I consider expensive McD's or Burgerking. If it was not the fact that it was one of the grandchildren's birthdays I would have left before the meal had even came. Then you have the service charge, which on our meals was £38. Never again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We had planned a family weekend in cardiff for a birthday we decided on tgi because of the so called family atmosphere. We had to wait over an hour for a table,service at the bar was a nightmare having only two bar staff on a Saturday night is just poor management. So after the long wait the food was terrible burger was dry and had to be sent back resulting in one of us not eating at all. Will never return to this restaurant again. Actually spoilt the birthday night. Very angry customer