“Poor Service !!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went for my daughters birthday in a party of 9 . Obviously too large for the staff to cope with !!!! The food was of the usual good standard but on this occasion the staff were totally inept. They were clearly doing us a favour allowing us to sit in their restaurant. When we compalined we were obviously talking a foreign language. We asked for the manager, but no one appeared. Maybe there wasn't one working hence the poor level of service. I have eaten at TGI on many occasions and have always found the staff to be friendly and attentive. However, I work in a service industry and the saying goes "you are only as good as your last job." Sorry TGI you will have to do better.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been eating at TGI's since 1990. yes they offer fairly good value and good coktails and the staff are always nice.

However, the food is at best average, and is often better in other chains, and the nosie levels can often be overwhelming..

On our last visit, there was a large family with kids ranging from 8 months to 15. They totally took over. the kids aged 4 to 10 constantly ran around causing mayhem. I am all for everyone havinga good time, but when it effects everyone else then it has gone too far. in fairness, the staff were clearly also not happy.

I hve been to this place maybe 30 times and had many satisfactory nights. However, i will not go back as clearly a repeat nightmare is a distict possibility.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited the restaurant after seeing a show in St David's hall. I tried to book a table for four before the show because we would be eating late but could not be accommodated. Overall service was poor and the meal was delivered on cold plates. Didn't realise it until we left but the wife's vegetables apparently were served cold and uncooked.

Music was too loud considering that it was empty and due to close. Even though the location is excellent I'm not considering visiting again, this is not a patch on TGI Newport Road. So disappointed that i've joined tripadvisor to review, since my wife wouldn't write the poor review.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This review is regarding the TGI Fridays on Newport Road. Attended here for my son's 5th birthday party and was anxious having read other recent reviews saying how terrible it was. Our table of 8 was booked for half past 5 and we were shown straight to our table on arrival by a very friendly girl on the front desk. The girl who was looking after our table for the night was fantastic and couldn't do enough, paying extra attention to the birthday boy making sure he was happy. Service was fast and the food was really tasty. The icing on the cake ( pardon the pun ) was at the end of the meal when they brought out his birthday cake and a few staff members rallied the other tables to join in singing happy birthday. Any concerns I had were dismissed and a great night was had by all. Especially for my son who loved every minute. Would not hesitate to go back. Well done.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited on Saturday evening 2/3/13. Just two mins walk from Cardiff Arena, just inside the shopping centre. I was told on the phone that I couldn't pre-book a table for two and to just turn up so this is what we did. We were informed that there would be a 45 min wait and given a pager to call us when our table was ready. We went downstairs in the shopping centre and had a coffee while we waited and 35 mins later we were buzzed.

First impressions - the music was TOO LOUD! Maybe I'm getting old but I could barely hear my partner speak. The table was too high/seats too low, we felt like kids at a big table with our arms constantly bashing against the side.

Our server Craig M was great. I am vegetarian and he answered my questions about the food with a smile. He was very attentive despite being run off his feet. He also seperated our desert (waffle with apple/cinammon, ice cream and caramel sauce) into seperate dishes as I don't like cinammon and he did this at his own suggestion with a smile. What a great waiter :)

The food was fine, we enjoyed it and it was a nice way to spend some time while we waited for our kids to come out of a concert at the Arena.