“No Table”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well I am not sorry to say that I will not be going back to the Cafe Citta again. A school friend of mine who lives in Holland and I meet up with twice a year booked a table for 4 at this restaurant from Holland after looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor for 7pm. The restaurant is in the middle of the town centre and parking is not easy we were 15 minutes late because of parking but when we arrived at the restaurant our table had been given away and there was only one person sitting on a four seated table. There was no discrepancy with the restaurant the person said " we waited for 15 minutes and you did not arrive so we gave the table away" we said that on all tables they were eating she umed and arrred but was not helpful or concerned so we left and went to another Italian to eat,being Italian myself I have never known any Italian restaurant give a table away so quick especially when all the tables had food on them. I dont know what the food is like as we didnt get the chance and I will never go back there out of principle my friends from Holland were very disappointed as they were looking forward to it...... but were impressed with the food in another Italian restaurant I took them to just 10 minutes walk away and had a table straight away.

7  Thank Anthony S
Citta20, Owner at Cafe Citta, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Sir

I'm afraid that you are incorrect in your account of that evening. I did not speak to you but to your friend. I did not umm or arr, I was trying to juggle the tables so that I could fit your party in and told your friend another table would become available within forty minutes. If you recall you became immediately angry and would not engage in conversation and insisted on leading your party away whilst your friend attempted to apologize for your reaction.

If we, as a family, or any other customer know they are going to be late they normally, as a matter of courtesy, telephone the restaurant to let them know. In our experience when customers have not 'phoned they have not turned up.

We have thirteen tables and had many telephone calls and walk ins that evening that we refused as we were keeping the table for yourselves. We waited 20 minutes before deciding to let a lady have the table (rather than another party of three). If your friend had left a telephone number we would have telephoned, as we always do, to confirm your arrival. Your friend stated he could not leave a telephone number on booking as he was 'phoning from Holland. But we have been left telephone no's from people from all over Europe and even Japan before.

We are a small family run business and for four years have strived to give good customer service and rarely have I come across a person that has reacted as unreasonably as yourself which caused embarrassment for me, my staff and the poor lady on your table. I'm sure that you were disappointed but that does not give you the right to act so incourteously and inappropriately whilst your gentleman friend and myself were in the process of resolving the situation.

kind regards
Diana
Cafe Citta

There are newer reviews for Cafe Citta

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very good lunchtime menu with an eccentric interior decor. Food is always excellent, though can be a little slow to arrive depending on how busy they are. If going for lunch, make sure to allow enough time.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Lovely family run restaurant, that serves simple delicious Italian cuisine at a very reasonable price. This is the second time we have been once in the evening and once for lunch. Definitely will be going again happy to have found this hidden gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Lovely, intimate, cheap place for great pizza. Service is friendly and the wine list was very reasonable...£20 buys you something really quite nice.
Only downside for me was the HUGE amount of garlic (I like garlic a lot!) in the sausage starter (so much I thought it must be onion), the mayonnaise that came with the chicken rillettes, and even the bruschetta from the specials board...literally made 2 of the 3 dishes inedible.
I would go back, but would stick with the traditional pizza and pasta options which were very good.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch with my husband. Pizza was the best I've tasted outside Italy. Cosy atmosphere and a great welcome from the staff, will certainly be back!