“Sumptuous food in a little family fun Italian”
Review of Cafe Citta

Cafe Citta
Ranked #4 of 1,318 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Cafe Citta a couple of times and I just cannot fault it. The food is delicious (the best Italian food in Cardiff city centre by far!). The aubergine parmigiana is melt in your mouth and each time I visit I am torn between whether to go for pizza or pasta as they are both incredible. It has a lovely feel to it. I would advise you to book a table as it is small. The owners are typically Italian and I cannot fault the service. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been going to Cafe Citta for almost 4 years... when you didn't have to make a booking!

It is a lovely small family run restaurant where you are sure you will have a great meal for a very reasonable price!

The quality however remains to top standard despite their now famous status and even at the busiest times and it never fails to impress!

The staff is always friendly and the pizzas..... oooh those pizzas! Made to order, the ingredients are fresh, and are huge! It is actually what I strongly recommend and is definitely a must at Cafe Citta!

Make sure you book in advance and they usually serve food until late so you can always have a later dinner!

1  Thank Cocz
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Despite the difficulty booking in- unanswered phone - it was worth the effort the food is excellent and really great value, do not be put off by the appearance, it looks like a cafe but the atmosphere, service and food cannot be faulted

1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A great little Italian restaurant where time is taken to prepare authentic Italian food properly. In light of this be patient, it's worth it. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we can't wait until we visit next time.

1  Thank Redshark_man
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We chose this restaurant for a celebratory meal after the graduation of one of our grandsons and weren't disappointed. From the outside it isn't much to look at and with so many places to eat in the vicinity it would be easy to pass it by for somewhere looking more appealing. DON'T! It is obviously family run and it shows with all the food cooked to order while you wait. To start we asked for an assortment from the starters section of the menu and these were very tasty. The pizzas are superb and we also had a chance to try some of the specials with rave reports for the swordfish steak and the chicken breasts. Unfortunately the helpings were so generous that we didn't have room to try the sweets. The wine list is not large but has a good selection and all are reasonably priced. We are so sorry that we live so far away.

1  Thank John26England