“Good meal but quite”

Ranked #762 of 1,318 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Indian, Cafe, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At the heart of Cardiff’s thriving Cafe Quarter lies the stylish Juboraj – the city centers best loved Indian restaurant. The Café Quarter and Hayes areas of Cardiff Centre have undergone a phenomenal multi-million pound transformation over the past few years. Mill Lane itself has been completely renovated and is now home to a multitude of high quality restaurants catering to every palate. There is no doubt that when it comes to eating out this is the place to be. The carefully crafted interior is contemporary as is fitting for its city centre location but maintains, through the use of original art blended with traditional colour scheme and fittings, a truly authentic ‘Indian’ restaurant atmosphere. A fresh approach to customer service, contemporary and traditional dishes made using ingredients of the highest quality and extensive wine list all add up to an experience you’ll want to repeat time and again.The Juboraj Guarantee ensures that only the highest quality New Zealand lamb and Welsh beef, and the finest 100% fresh chicken breast and freshest seafood available, is used in their dishes. With a warm welcome and friendly attentive staff you can be sure that time spent at a Juboraj, whether it be a light lunch, a pre-theatre bite or a candlelit evening meal, will be time well spent.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Only in Cardiff for a few days and always check out a Curry house where ever I go. I was the only customer at 9 o,clock in a Wednesday evening and was concerned about this. I ordered a chicken Byriani which was one of the best I have ever eaten. The house red wine was also excellent. I have read the negative reviews on this restaurant but can only report how it was on the day I went. Give it ago.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The welcome was very pleasant. Escorted to table and given time to settle in. Staff very attentive and willingly gave advice when asked. The meals, especially the Murghi Massala had the thick sauce as described, were spiced to perfection, not hot or a tongue burner. A thoroughly enjoyable meal as expected. I order my takeaways from Juboraj !

Reviewed July 31, 2013

At one time the Juboraj in mill lane use to be one of the finest restaurant in Cardiff, but after returning again last month, it was one of the worst meal i had with my family...I ordered a chicken jalfreize which only had two piece of chicken in it and very bland...my girlfriend ordered chicken rogan josh which the waiter brought out lamb rogan...I asked the waiter to change it but he kept saying that's what i ordered, he then replaced it with the chicken rogan which took 40 mins to arrive as everyone else including me finished eating. My girlfriend was very disappointed of the mannerism the waiter dealt with the situation and once it arrived he just slumped it on our table without any explanation or apology for the delay.

I must admit this will be the last time i ever step a foot in this branch ever again as the food was very overpriced and the staff felt like for us to eat & go so they can close up, this restaurant needs a change of management and bring some decent waiters in.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Iv vistes here during the T20 cricket, i was staying at the marriot hotel a friend recomended to visit the juboraj and im so glad we visited..the meal was on point, me and my friends really enjoyed the meal i could say it was nearly better than my mothers cooking... the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was lovely, buzzin atmosphere, friendly staff had the best chiken kholapuri ever! Abit overpriced! But well worth it, simply the best 10/10