“Good food and great service”

Bella Italia Cardiff Brewery Quarter
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I'm usually wary of restaurant chains, but we decided to try Bella Italia in Cardiff Brewery Quarter after having a nice lunch at the branch at Salford Quays in December. We called in about 5pm after a hard day's city centre shopping. The restaurant was very quiet but had a nice atmosphere. The service was excellent - welcoming and attentive without being too pushy. Food was tasty, presented well and served promptly. We had a main course and dessert each, plus a bottle of wine. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

To celebrate by Fathers 50th Birthday, 22 Devonians travelled up to Cardiff to watch the Exeter Chiefs beat the Cardiff Blues and have a lovely meal in the evening at Bella Italia.

Having worked in restaurants previously, I knew where the staff could fall down with us and how the evening could turn sour, so after a very slow start with no drinks orders taken after 30 minutes, I decided to talk to the (I presume) Manager. I explained that it was an important dinner and asked if she could get some help. In hindsight, this was completely unnecessary, as the rest of the night went really well.

A couple of people weren't completely happy with their meals, but not to the point where they were ever going to say anything. I think one of the comments would have been 'the chicken was rubbery'. Personally, I enjoyed my Carbonara - very tasty and hot.

My Father (unbeknown to ANYONE) was actually planning on proposing to his partner, and had asked the staff to bring over champagne when 'the moment presented itself'. Unfortunately, his soon-to-be-finance had arranged a lovely cake to be brought out for his birthday, and so the staff followed it with the champagne, which made my dad quite stressed! No ones fault though, and looking back at his reaction, it was quite funny

I would come back again, and I would recommend others do too. I just wish the staff had been a bit more 'on it' from the start :)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food was fantastic! And the wine was also amazing. I always go back to Bella Italia, one of my favourite restaurants in cardiff!

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the restaurant we were ignored by 2 members of staff, no acknowledgement of arrival or that someone would be with us soon. The service remained the same throughout our visit! We had to go to the till to pay as the waiter did not return after we got our bill! Food was ok, service was very bad! Not recommended. There are many restaurants with better food and service.

2  Thank Christine D
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were intending to visit this restaurante for quite a while but somehow never went there. The Christmas ambiance was very nice, the food was good only the desserts were too sweet. As many Italian restaurants source their food from a few factories around the UK it is difficult to know who still cooks their own food but anyway, the food was well seasoned and very tasty. The personnel, a few of them Portuguese were really very nice and welcoming. The only thing was that every time the door of the restaurant was opened it became too cold where we were sitting. Other than that this is a restaurant which I very well located near the shops and the centre of Cardiff!