“Good first visit,disappointing the second!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Prezzo
Ranked #293 of 1,210 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hove
“Good first visit,disappointing the second!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We ate here twice due to convenience. The food was excellent and plentiful the first time and the restaurant comfortably warm. The second time we visited we were placed near the door and as people were queuing outside for a table the door was left open. Not good when the temperature outside was 2 degs! Our pizzas were also not as generously ' topped ' on our second visit.

Visited March 2013

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always think you can't beat prezzo for fantastic food and this branch was no exception! service was totally fantastic and my boyfriend booked the table on his phone which made it so easy. If its on the menu save space for the after eight cheesecake, its the best dessert i've ever ever had!!!

Visited March 2013
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Quite good for a chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited as a family of two plus one child last Thursday evening. Kids menu is very good value at (I think) £6 for three courses plus a drink - the pizza main is a good size and should keep most hungry kids quiet!

We ordered a garlic pizza bread with caramelised onions to share for starters. For me, it just didn't work - the onions were far too sweet and jammy and there was very little garlic - it was as if they had chopped up some garlic, used the same knife to make a jam butty, and brought me that. The bread itself was very good though.

We each had the half-and-half pasta (two smaller portions of any of the 'classic' pasta dishes) which were pretty good, to be fair. I had the Italian sausage one which was bog-standard, and the chicken and gorgonzola, which was very nice. The pasta was well-cooked, the chicken tender and the sauce creamy but not too rich. My wife also had the Italian sausage, and with it another tomato-based one (I forget which!) and she enjoyed both.

Service was on the slow side, although our waitress was friendly and efficient. The place was half full, but the kitchen wasn't keeping up.

I've been to a few Prezzo branches and they seem to be consistent in their quality, so if you want decent food cooked well, then you'd do a lot worse than visit one. It won't knock your socks off, but it's fine.

• Visited February 2013
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Time not on our side we were in st David's looking for Sunday lunch and out of the raft of restaurants thought Prezzo had possible edge. Staff are very attentive if a little intrusive ; pouring wine top ups as they thought fit. Goats cheese starter was good if uninspired. Calamari tender and lemon peppery. Mains of chicken with cheese (nicely chargrilled but still moist and flavoursome), salmon pasta ( too salty and chilli) and lasagna (one notch up from ready meal - need them to come to a devises Italian masterclass). Puds not required. Ok - about as average as one could hope for...

Pontyclun, Wales, United Kingdom
“Bronze star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited for the first time as we had vouchers to use up. The service was excellent but I'm afraid it was a little let down by the quality of the food. I had mushrooms to start which were lovely although the accompanying lettuce was rather tired looking. This was followed by crab cakes in a saffron sauce (my husband had chosen them as a starter with mayonnaise and enjoyed them). As a main course, I had twice the amount but regretted it as I felt they would have been much more enjoyable as a starter. My husband had grilled chicken with mushroom sauce which again he enjoyed. Both desserts were tasty so no problems there. Would I go again? Yes, but I would choose either a pizza or a pasta dish.

• Visited January 2013