“Different but boring after 2 visits”
Review of TribeTribe - CLOSED

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

As above, quite unique little taste of African Cuisine but few choices perhaps due to this on the menu. Waitress very helpful and considerate. Price average but place little more than a cafe rather than anything else. Wouldn't return though food was an experience one should try and it was cooked well enough.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Painfully slow 40 minutes for 2 starters at the time 4 other customers in the place .We had a living social deal which included a glass of wine.They had to go out to buy some wine for us,no offer of any African drinks. Main course mixed meat dry could not tell beef from goat and I am trained chef. Ordered coleslaw with our main didn't get it when I asked they said did not have any .
Considering service started at 6 and we booked for 6.45 you should have been prepared for evening service,not have to go out to buy beer and wine
If you can't cope serving 12 customers in a restaurant I think you should rethink this get more staff or be more organised .

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a great time and great meal when we went there for the first time in February using Livingsocial voucher.

So, when Livingsocial advertised another deal (Two Grills, Stews, or Vegetarian Mains with Two Glasses of Wine or Cocktails for £13 for up to a £34.98 value, so up to 63% off), we decided to do it again and also bought another voucher for my colleagues so we can go together.

However, when we were there, we found out they have changed their menu. Grills used to come with rice/chips/salad etc (and they charged £14.99 for it), but now they are separate. Prices have come down to reflect that, grills are now roughly £8 each. So, for 2 grills and 2 glasses of wine/cocktails, it would never go up to the maximum value of £34.98. We felt cheated, still, we enjoyed the food and service.

Last week, they were advertising another deal with Living social. This time, two Main Grills, Two Side Dishes, and Two Wines for £15 for up to a £45.78 value. Again, they will never add up to that maximum value. I wrote to Livingsocial, they said "We would recommend speaking with the merchant for the best advice on pricing on a deal as we are given these figures to advertise directly from them". So, I emailed Tribe Tribe. Surprise surprise, I didn't hear a thing back.

I love the food and service there, but I don't like to be cheated!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

A couple of weeks back i found a great African restaurant Tribe Tribe, not too far from the city centre a place called Canton. walking in you get a nice warm welcome imediatley. very laid back people which suits me, offered a drink, talked through the menu and food cooked fresh so starters were at our table within 10-15 mins...perfect! and well worth the wait!

Read some of the other reviews expecially the "bad" ones and to be honest i think people have too many high expectations...the service is not super fast but then its not the type of place that you order eat and gom, me and my girl friends were there for a good 2-3 hours just relaxing on the sofas and chilling!

Food was GREAT!!! Staff were LOVELY!!! and the service SPOT ON!

i WILL BE BACK!!

they have live music events too ive been told so will def be goping to check the next one out..28th Sept i was told...theres definetly room for a little dance in there...

Reviewed September 13, 2012

On our travels we came across an intimate place, where we experienced great food and great people! Never had African food before but was BLOWN away!!! My colleague had the fish and I had the mixed meat the goat was superb!!

Service with a smile, the chef even joined us for a drink after he had finished only to find out that it was him and his wife that owned the place! It was almost home from home... We were welcomed like we were part of the family... Where do you find places like that these days??

We will definitely return... A night to remember, thank you Toks for the experience :-)

Jan and Charl