“Always wonderful and such a special place.”
Review of Restaurant Minuet

Restaurant Minuet
Ranked #24 of 1,327 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Minuet was established in 1986, we are a small family run business serving genuinely home cooked Italian food with a difference. It started with a simple menu but over the years it has developed into what it is today. Our aim is not to serve pretentious, overpriced food with a drizzle of sauce, but serve good tasty wholesome dishes with the majority of which are our own recipes at honest prices. Our customers will enjoy their meal in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere to the soothing sound of specially selected pieces of classical music, that has inspired so many of our dishes. We are not licensed to serve wine and spirits, but you are welcome to bring your own. Corkage is free. Please note that during busy times there will be other customers waiting for a table, as we don't charge for alcohol time will be restricted. Please respect other diners waiting for a table.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have been visiting here since 1997 (scary)! The food has never changed and that is a relief as its wonderful. I now take my kids who are 8 and 5 and they think its the best spaghetti Bol ever! Of all the places we could choose in cardiff, we are always drawn back to the cafe minuet.

Love it.

3  Thank Charlotte E

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I've trued all the vegetarian dishes Nd thet all taste great. U got to try the breaded mushrooms, the dish is sublime. The restaurant feels homey with Marcello cookinf inside!

1  Thank Fatme A
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The restaurant is situated inside the Castle Arcade and quite small. The classical music played inside the store and warming decor made me feel very comfortable even though I came alone. There were only 4 staffs and a lot of visitors waiting for food when I came but they served very quickly. I had a nice lunch with Chicken Alfredo and a cup of Cappuccino. It's quite strange to have Italian food while you're travelling in Wales but this restaurant is really a gem! Give it a try and you'll understand ;)

3  Thank yuukibunny
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I loved the smell wafting out of this tiny restaurant, and the service was wonderful. But my food was not as special as I'd hoped (creamy spaghetti with prawns), the prawns were tiny and it was a bit bland overall - but this may just mean that I could have picked a better dish, as looking at the reviews it seems to be good on food. So I may give it another try!

1  Thank petal0uda
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a pleasant small restaurant in one of the arcades. The food is mainly pasta of many different types and sauces. It is all cooked to order in full view and the portions are rather large which is good if you are hungry. You can sit inside or in the arcade but it is quite crowded. There is also no licence so bring your own wine if you wish. The menu is good value for money and the restaurant had an excellent reputation locally. It makes a pleasant change form the chain eateries.