“Was ok had better”

Ranked #83 of 1,324 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Minuet was established in 1986, we are a small family run business serving genuinely home cooked Italian food with a difference. It started with a simple menu but over the years it has developed into what it is today. Our aim is not to serve pretentious, overpriced food with a drizzle of sauce, but serve good tasty wholesome dishes with the majority of which are our own recipes at honest prices. Our customers will enjoy their meal in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere to the soothing sound of specially selected pieces of classical music, that has inspired so many of our dishes. We are not licensed to serve wine and spirits, but you are welcome to bring your own. Corkage is free. Please note that during busy times there will be other customers waiting for a table, as we don't charge for alcohol time will be restricted. Please respect other diners waiting for a table.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visitedthis saurday was not to busy staff were friendly a little bit dingey there though food was not to bad but wasn,t as nice as i was expecting.

1  Thank clare s

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A bit difficult to find but this place is authentic. Very great food experience and great pasta selection. Because the restaurant is small, your clothes will smell a bit after you eat. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had to wait outside for a table for 10 mins, but I have to say, it was well worth the wait. We sat at a table in the lovely old arcade, with a cup of coffee while we waited for a table in this tiny restaurant. It was a Wednesday lunchtime and we could not believe how busy it was. When the table was ready we went in and had already decided what we wanted to order. The food came quite promptly. The restaurant is not licensed for alcohol, but that wasnt a problem, we just had water. I had spinach pancakes stuffed with cheese and mushrooms and covered with tomato sauce. It was stunning. My husband has muscles and fish with garlic bread, he was really impressed. The staff were really nice. We would definitely go back there.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Can't say it's worthy of a top 10 restaurant. That said, the food is still good. I had pizza, my wife had the chicken. We both enjoyed it, but we've had better. At £7 per head you can't really complain. We preferred Giovanni's on the Hays, bit more expensive, but the food is a lot nicer.

You'll still have an enjoyable time at Minuet, just don't expect to be amazed

2  Thank Paul R
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friends and family have been going to this cafe for years and have nothing but praise for it! I loved it when Marcello was running it and I still love it now that it's been taken over by Nadine et al. My addiction to 'Lucullo' has been going for over 18 years and my affection for the place has been inherited by my children . . . who take their friends there now. It doesn't set out to be a 'posh place to eat' . . . it's a friendly, homely and honest place with extremely tasty food. Who could ask for anything better?!